The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

He's not. When you trade a Horvat you're looking to replace him with a Horvat.

We've got nobody in the system who can do what he does for us, and like many players on this roster he's better than he's looked and teams know it. 

Miller is doing more than what Horvat does, that’s the problem.

Horvat or Boeser will go before Miller

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Miller is doing more than what Horvat does, that’s the problem.

Horvat or Boeser will go before Miller

He is, but I see Miller as much less likely to stick around beyond his contract than Bo, and Boeser's an RFA under team control 

Top six center's are tough to replace and we've nobody in our system who can step into that role 

It'd cost about as much as it would to replace Horvat via UFA as it would to retain him, and we'd have to compete with every other team 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

You don't trade a heart & soul, hard working, fast, powerful center.  You just don't. Someone go get Benning's damn phone please. 

I agree. But do you really think Bo or JT will re-sign with this steaming pile of a team? Sad to say, but we are looking at a re-tool of the rebuild.

Edited by rekker
  • Haha 1

Kerfoot Lilgegren 1st

lets get this rebuild going!  ‘22 is a strong draft.  Gather a few 1sts and we can still salvage this mini core of Petterson, Hughes, and Demko.  

I love Bo…. Like I loved Linden… who brought us Bertuzzi… who brought us Lui….  Sometimes giving up a good asset can pay off!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Kerfoot Lilgegren 1st

lets get this rebuild going!  ‘22 is a strong draft.  Gather a few 1sts and we can still salvage this mini core of Petterson, Hughes, and Demko.  

I love Bo…. Like I loved Linden… who brought us Bertuzzi… who brought us Lui….  Sometimes giving up a good asset can pay off!

We could get a much better return than that.

26 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Kerfoot Lilgegren 1st

Kerfoot, Liljigren, a first for Bo. Lol. He's worth way more than that.

39 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Kerfoot Lilgegren 1st

The only part of that package that is of any value is the mid-1st rounder.  Kerfoot has an awful contract and calling Liljegren's defensive play AHL quality is generous; he's absolute trash.  We don't want Toronto's garbage.

Edited by King Heffy

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The only part of that package that is of any value is the mid-1st rounder.  Kerfoot has an awful contract and calling Liljegren's defensive play AHL quality is generous; he's absolute trash.  We don't want Toronto's garbage.

That’s right! 

We don’t need Toronto’s garbage. 

We have enough of our own goddamn it. 

Of course all the GM’s around the league would want Bo. 

He’s the kind of guy you want on your team. I can’t believe there’s even discussion about trading him. 

He’s a heart and soul kind of guy. He gives it everything he has on most nights. He looks terrible, but that’s because the system he’s playing in is terrible. We need a different voice behind that bench, to instill and inspire the team. Whatever Green is doing is just not working. 

But we need to keep Bo. Clutch playoff performer, those are the kinds of players we need to retain and keep. He steps up when the games matter the most. But he certainly can’t do it himself. He needs support, and the other top six players just aren’t doing their job (minus Miller, but I also don’t see him resigning with us when he can cash in). 

• Like 1

Think the reality of it is that sooner or later we have to trade him - he's spent almost all of his career losing with this team and i doubt he wants to stick around for another 7-8 years of it. Specially if were going into rebuild mode AGAIN. 

Probably not the worse thing in the world - he really hasn't grown into a great Captain or dominant player like an ROR or Kesler in his prime etc as we hoped when he signed his last deal - sad reality is that he's probably a 3rd line center on a contending team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Think the reality of it is that sooner or later we have to trade him - he's spent almost all of his career losing with this team and i doubt he wants to stick around for another 7-8 years of it. Specially if were going into rebuild mode AGAIN. 

Probably not the worse thing in the world - he really hasn't grown into a great Captain or dominant player like an ROR or Kesler in his prime etc as we hoped when he signed his last deal - sad reality is that he's probably a 3rd line center on a contending team. 

I guess I can understand that he hasn’t turned into a great captain. But I don’t think we need Bo to be a great captain. We need him to play as well as he can. I don’t think Bo’s the problem on this team. And if we can have a bounce back year next year, or even a much better second half, which could lead him to think that the organization is serious about becoming a contender, I could see him possibly signing with the team long term. But there has to be proof in the pudding right? So the next GM and the next head coach will have to be able to sell that to him and others on the team. 

5 hours ago, nux_win said:

I think that it would be pretty foolish to trade him just because we're off to a bad start this season.  GCG!

I don't want to see Horvat leave, but if they don't want to see Horvat be captain anymore, it will be tough to keep him on the team.  So I guess the question is whether or not Bo is the captain you want for the next 10 years?  I think there's strong pros and cons to this.