The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Right now I'm taking calls from nobody everything is circling like shark smelling blood ready to rip the canucks apart in lopsided trades. Benning cellphone should be blocked until a new gm comes in 

This is how a mother shows conditional love to her child; not managing a hockey team. 

Gas station attendant stuff.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I don't think Bo is a guy you trade.

He's not. When you trade a Horvat you're looking to replace him with a Horvat.

We've got nobody in the system who can do what he does for us, and like many players on this roster he's better than he's looked and teams know it. 

19 hours ago, aliboy said:

Change the coach first and see if that's the fix.

That’s how it works.

If reputable coach can’t change it, it exposes the GM. If the coach can change it, everyone wins, including the GM.

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

I think that it would be pretty foolish to trade him just because we're off to a bad start this season.  GCG!

Neely 2.0 I'm not risking it... 

Halak, and Motte they want... if it's gonna be a rebuild retool trade halak for a conditional 1st.. Motte for a 2nd bb for a 1st and a prospect.. 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Horvat is awesome. He just needs management to give him line mates he can work with. 

it once was tofolli for a short time 

They didn’t even play 10 minutes together at 5v5.  Toffoli was playing with Pettersson.

I would not trade Bo, he is the only guy that can win a faceoff on this team and dos more than.several other passengers on the roster.

Changes need to be made with management and coaches before this kind of trade gets considered.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

If we trade Horvat we are left with a massive hole at center,

but I've always felt awkward about Horvat's captaincy. He was groomed to be the captain & almost seemed forced. 

I say trade JT before Bo because JT definitely won't be re-signing in Van. However, I like JT's style of leadership more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

I don't think Bo is a guy you trade.

He could walk in 2023 though. Same with Miller.

That's a real possibility with the way the team is playing and given they're in their primes, wanting to win and will be UFAs for the first time with a lot of teams likely calling.

• Vintage 1

Guys have to keep in mind 2023 UFA with guys like Miller/Horvat. They could walk for nothing if we try to keep them. Not many good reasons to stay with how the team is and looks. In FA 2023 they will be the top guys and have a lot of teams interested in them.

• Thanks 1