The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

If that is their only problem, then what is the excuse for their PP performances?

Without the PK problems, we'd probably be at least 500

JB bet on a small quick team doing damage, only it's damaged us

They don't scare any team with their forecheck to cough up the puck, guys are too soft

This team must be fun to play against

Their is no cohesion, they play like individuals, most won't support a player attacked, they lack a team mentality

The pp issue comes down to no player movement. It’s incredibly easy for the opposing pk to defend against a static, perimeter pp. Just force Hughes to use his inaccurate muffin shot and cheat over to EP to stop his one timer. No one else on the PP is getting set up for chances. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo

49 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The pp issue comes down to no player movement. It’s incredibly easy for the opposing pk to defend against a static, perimeter pp. Just force Hughes to use his inaccurate muffin shot and cheat over to EP to stop his one timer. No one else on the PP is getting set up for chances. 

I hate our PP

But our 2nd PP with Garland , Hog try and create and move their feet

EP just stays planted and is useless out there

28 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Never said they did, although something most definitely going on with Pettersson whether it's mental or physical he's clearly is not the same player right now.

Ya, it is hard to understand what is up with this kid. As far as the team goes , I think there is a bunch of issues. Most are in the category of poor management.  Trying to rush things before all the pieces are in place. They still don't have any organizational depth. What you see is what you get.

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I hate our PP

But our 2nd PP with Garland , Hog try and create and move their feet

EP just stays planted and is useless out there

Hoglander, Garland, Podz, and even OEL move around and create lanes. 

Pearson and Chiasson are essentially useless as they just stand in front of the net. Net front presence doesn’t have to mean stationary pylons. Guys should be moving in and out while moving the puck around to force opposing PK players to have to make choices. Like other power plays do against the Canucks stationary pylon collapsing PK.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, mll said:

Hansen explains that coaching is minimal on a PK - either you have players who know how to kill penalties or you don’t.  He blames it 100% on personnel even saying that the guys they have aren’t PKers.  He points out that they are missing a right handed C for draws and don’t have shot blocking Ds.

Benning blames it on systems.  Could Hansen and Green be right and it’s a roster issue rather than about systems. 

All roads lead back to benning- personnel on defense, pk. If you had bigger D, could have Garland and Hogland on pk with their speed

4 hours ago, gurn said:

This team has been meek and mild since the Bertuzzi Moore incident.

OGC.gif.7ea537c37d024c2d52b0d649dcbc6abf.gif

Anybody remember the turnaround we had when Mcilhargey and other tough guys were brought in? In one season we went from a laughing stock to respected iirc. We didn't win the cup, but we may have been the toughest team in the league. It was fun. There were some bad hockey players on that team but the results were not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That sucks, but it doesn't justify you coming here and crapping on someone that's upset the team isn't doing well just because there are worse things in the world.

People are bothered by trivial things all the time. Hell, the fact that you're bothered by the fact that people are upset the team isn't doing well is in and of itself a trivial thing to be bothered by.

I didn't crap on anyone I just tried to put things into perspective.

I never have and never will abuse anyone on this forum.

There is constructive criticism and then there is hate.

As I have explained some of the hate I have seen directed at our players and staff is wrong.

I know the posters responsible would not have the courage to say it to the players/coaches faces.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sweathog said:

I get your point, and it's a good one. Some posts are definitely over the top.

However, with some people on these boards being so emotionally invested in the Canucks, venting is to be expected, especially with this team performing far below expectations.

I want Green gone, I don't think he's a good coach, but I don't hate him. I would hazard a guess that in all of Canuckville, there are very, very few fans that actually legitimately hate him.

Mate I can remember crying after Game 7 back in 2011.

I love this team and I love the sport of ice hockey,I played it regularly until Covid shut us down here in Melbs.

I believe Green should go as well.

He has had his chance and has not delivered results.

He has the talent/ players to win and yet out team isn't living up to expectations.

• Cheers 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, Coconuts said:

I'm surprised they're actually doing something, it wasn't even penalized 

3 game suspension…crazy no one even mentioned it in the pgt (which i barely skimmed) must have been another deceptive cheap shot from ratfacelicker 

• Vintage 1