The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Islanders/Canucks Blockbuster

nameci

19 minutes ago, nameci said:

A simple two for two trade: the underperforming Elias Petterson and Brock Boeser for the equally underperforming Matt Barzal and Oliver Wahlstrom.

Very good idea. Wahlstrom is a younger version of Boeser and the Islanders want to win right now. So they actually might bite on that part. For the Barzal/Pettersson part they are also similar and it’s a swap of the faces of the franchise; but Barzal right now is a better player. Much faster, healthier, more confident, and consistent. Would you do…

Canucks: Barzal

Wahlstrom

Islanders: Pettersson

Boeser

2nd 2024

I'd try and get the Islanders to bite on either Boeser or Miller.  One of those two for Wahlström and Mayfield would be my deal.  

I would keep Petey around and have an all Swedish 1st line:

Höglander   Pettersson   Wahlström

Podkolzin    Horvat          Klimovich

I'd have the Russians playing with Horvat.  I think this top 6 would be elite.  Play Mayfield with Hughes.  I'd even throw in Rathbone to close this deal.

Would need to add in Clutterbuck to make the salaries work...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

I am really put off by  Petterson’s lazy play on defense.  He just doesn’t seem to want to get involved.  Likewise, Boeser seems to be just going through the motions in both zones.  He is one dimensional and I would be extremely hesitant to give him the money he will be asking when his contract expires.  Miller plays with fire in his belly every game.  This is the kind of guy you want on your team.   We are a soft team as it is and losing Miller would just make the situation worse.  I agree with the Islanders dumping a contract like Clutterbuck’s to make the money work.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I was just looking at this too... can't believe NYI is struggling so badly either.

I think realistically, a 1-for-1 swap of Barzal and Petey would make a lot of sense.  Both players are struggling... give them both a fresh start. 

Would love Dobson too, but there would need to be some cap juggling to make that part work.  Not sure NYI would be looking to move him anyways.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I was just looking at this too... can't believe NYI is struggling so badly either.

I think realistically, a 1-for-1 swap of Barzal and Petey would make a lot of sense.  Both players are struggling... give them both a fresh start. 

Would love Dobson too, but there would need to be some cap juggling to make that part work.  Not sure NYI would be looking to move him anyways.

13 game road trip to start their season then got hit hard by covid and injuries.  They actually started the season 5-2