The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 29, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (6-14-2 = 14 pts in 22 games) @ Montreal Canadiens (6-15-2 = 14 pts in 23 games)(Worse than us!)

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Plan A - make the playoffs

Plan B - see Plan A

I thought the owners would be more upset with losing all of that playoff revenue. They better figure this out fast, otherwise they'll be mathematically eliminated before Christmas.

Benning: "Well, you know, we still might make the playoffs, and you know, there's also the Draft if that doesn't work out. I did pretty good there, and you know, the Canucks will get another real good player."

Franc:  "Okay Jim, you know what's best."

Maybe that's what needs to happen. Losing playoff revenue, and a fair chunk of seasons ticket holders would certainly eat into the Aquilinis coffers. Maybe then they'll act. Or maybe not. Seems like the Aquilinis have a reputation around the league.

58 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Three of the four officials are from Quebec.

REFEREES

Ghislain Hebert #22
GH22.jpg
Justin St. Pierre #12
JS12.jpg
Games ’21-22 19 18
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 51 / 0 44 / 5
Career Games (Reg/PO) 720 / 0 1067 / 8
First NHL Game 3/3/09 11/9/05
Birthplace Bathurst, NB Dolbeau, QC

LINESMEN

Michel Cormier #76
MC76.jpg
Jonathan Deschamps #80
2021_JD80.jpg
Games ’21-22 18 19
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 48 / 14 0 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1167 / 88 19 / 0
First NHL Game 10/10/03 10/15/21
Birthplace Trois-Rivieres, QC Trois-Rivieres, QC

Wasn't it Hebert who called that atrocious penalty on Demko in Vancouver?

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Three of the four officials are from Quebec.

REFEREES

Ghislain Hebert #22
GH22.jpg
Justin St. Pierre #12
JS12.jpg
Games ’21-22 19 18
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 51 / 0 44 / 5
Career Games (Reg/PO) 720 / 0 1067 / 8
First NHL Game 3/3/09 11/9/05
Birthplace Bathurst, NB Dolbeau, QC

LINESMEN

Michel Cormier #76
MC76.jpg
Jonathan Deschamps #80
2021_JD80.jpg
Games ’21-22 18 19
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 48 / 14 0 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1167 / 88 19 / 0
First NHL Game 10/10/03 10/15/21
Birthplace Trois-Rivieres, QC Trois-Rivieres, QC

That's a lot of French Canadians.

If we lose either of the next 2, I will officially retract any Homer comments I have made regarding Benning and TG.

Since the Hawks game this team has found different ways to lose, at least previous you could say special teams were the main cause but lately it's the entire team crumbling including goaltending, what a mess. 

I defended Benning and TG but changes should have been made to at least shake things up, it's not like we haven't been healthy.

Maybe they don't want to rush in picking a coach but Shaw could have coached on an interm basis.

Oh well thank God for the blue Jay's, team is gonna be a force.

9 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

It would mean nothing to win compared to the Boston game.

Ehh, I wouldn't mean anything less to me tbh. Boston was a decade ago, almost every player from that team is out of the league at this point. 

It'd have been nice to beat rat boy, but these are two different teams. And if losing accelerates the change this organization obviously needs, so be it. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

it's cute that he dangled the truth as an incentive to sign up for the athletic. "I'll let you read the lies for free, but if you want a shred of honesty, buck up"

sorry thomas, you're the reason I cancelled my subscription.

Same here!  Suckass is the reason I stopped listening to 1040 as well.  Both weasels that feed off the negativity they generate off the frustrated fan.  We don't need anymore negativity... Already bad enough.  Now this doesn't mean pretending it ain't bad and being in denial.  It means reporting facts not fiction or opinions.  Leave the opinions to the fan, no need to manipulate the narrative or add fuel to the fire.  It's already a tire fire lol!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, billabong said:

Toffoli has gonna torch us just like the good ol’days :wub:

I hope so, I like Toffoli before he was with Vancouver. I was hoping he'd be resigned to a long contract. Montreal getting him for cheap was absurd. So I'm happy when he lights us up.