The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake DeBrusk requests trade

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

We lose that trade right off the bad. 

Unless Boston adds significantly, I turn down that deal. 

So here’s how I see it with Boston.

BOS

Horvat

VAN

Pastrnak

Not saying do this. I’m saying it’s equal value, and still Horvat has a little more of that one thing that makes them great winners.

I feel the true way of getting this going is shut up and play the goddamn game.

Edited by Me_
  • Wat 3

Could be worth a flyer if they're motivated to move him. In the current line-up, he'd be an upgrade on Dowling on the 3rd line. In the last year of his contract, so Boston could probably retain some of his salary. He's obviously not one of Cassidy's favourites, so maybe he'd do well with a  change of scenery

Chiasson + a 3rd for DeBrusk @ 50%?

9 minutes ago, Me_ said:

So here’s how I see it with Boston.

BOS

Horvat

VAN

Pastrnak

Not saying do this. I’m saying it’s equal value, and still Horvat has a little more of that one thing that makes them great winners.

I feel the true way of getting this going is shut up and play the goddamn game.

No way that Boston does that deal. Pastrnak is a great player. So offensively good and defensively decent. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I'd be interested in DeBrusk, but not for a major piece going back to Boston. 

His career high in points is 43. I'm not sure I'm giving Boston a major piece for a guy who scores 43 points as his best season. I mean, Green had more points when he was a player than DeBrusk has. And I wouldn't even classify DeBrusk as "young" anymore. He's 25 years old. 

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

A rights that they can't do anything with since he's signed in the khl for 2 years. Pretty sure you can't sign in the nhl while under a khl contract. 

So, I'm betting that if Tryamkin does want to come back to the NHL, it's not going to be with the Canucks. 

Maybe trade his rights to another team for a pick? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

A rights that they can't do anything with since he's signed in the khl for 2 years. Pretty sure you can't sign in the nhl while under a khl contract. 

True.  But it's possible to break that contract after the season with a mutual termination.  It probably won't happen though...

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

So, I'm betting that if Tryamkin does want to come back to the NHL, it's not going to be with the Canucks. 

Unless he mutually terminates his contract his rights are with 0 coz his rights are long gone by the time his contract finish. Prolly have 0 plans to come back anytime soon hence signing 2 years

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

His rights expire at the end of the season... he is under contract for another year after therefor his rights are worthless

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

True.  But it's possible to break that contract after the season with a mutual termination.  It probably won't happen though...

How often does a mutual termination happen in the KHL? 

I can't remember the last time a contract was mutually terminated. Do you? 

2 hours ago, coryberg said:

His rights expire at the end of the season... he is under contract for another year after therefor his rights are worthless

oh at the end of this season? Okay, well, then he can probably be had for pretty cheap then. 

No team is going to give anything remotely of value for DeBrusk, if he's just going to walk at the end of the season. No &^@#ing way. 

Either he's had for cheap to come to Van, or we just wait until the off-season. We'll have new management anyways by then making smarter decisions. 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I've been thinking this for a while now.Tram is an asset that would be a shame to waste..... too many have already been wasted.

It would be great to get a return of some kind for him.

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

oh at the end of this season? Okay, well, then he can probably be had for pretty cheap then. 

No team is going to give anything remotely of value for DeBrusk, if he's just going to walk at the end of the season. No &^@#ing way. 

Either he's had for cheap to come to Van, or we just wait until the off-season. We'll have new management anyways by then making smarter decisions. 

You clearly misunderstand.  Tryamkin’s rights are worthless because he’s signed for 2 years in the KHL but his rights expire this coming summer. 
Debrusk is an upcoming RFA. Not UFA. So no. He can’t just walk and sign with whatever team he chooses (unless they don’t qualify him) 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I believe you can but the player’s KHL team receives a pretty decent payout. Maybe the value of the player’s KHL contract? Can’t remember.