The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Devils re-sign Jack Hughes

16 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

This is a brutal signing for nj.  Jack is such a 1 dimensional player.  He will  put up decent points in regular season but there is no way hes going to lead a team when it matters.

Theres a lot of desperation from a lot of the eastern american teams lately to find an american star to build around.  Just as they did with McAvoy and jones, theyll overpay out of pure hope and fantasy.  It will bite them in the butt. 

Yes I agree.  Jack is tiny.  Guys like Crosby, Bure, etc. were small but built like tanks.  Hughes will get destroyed in the playoffs.  Even Quinn is alot tougher then Jack.

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

He will put up points though, like gaudreau.  But when the games matter, he wont be able to change his game to take the team anywhere.  Itll be players like mercer that take nj places.  

putting up points like gaudreau? idk bout that maybe few years perhaps. still not worth 8. myb 6 atm...

10 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

He will put up points though, like gaudreau.  But when the games matter, he wont be able to change his game to take the team anywhere.  Itll be players like mercer that take nj places.  

Gaudreau's a good comparison because Hughes plays scared when it matters too.

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Gaudreau's a good comparison because Hughes plays scared when it matters too.

Exactly.   Its the us national program.  They build one dimensional players. Rarely will you ever find a complete player that can battle and carry a team on their back when it matters come from that program.   Jt miller is one i can think of but eve he played in the ohl.

Its clear nj paid him 8 mill because they can use the fact that hes American for marketing the team.

Edited by EddieVedder

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe a bridge at 3 x 3.  That’s about it.  I’d trade his sorry *ss if he didn’t take that.  

lmao thats seems fair haha! 6 x 6 avv seems close even 6x8. but cmon 8x8 thats just crazy lolol. hes proved nothing. quinn prove alot more that jack has! some ppl haha

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hey!  He got 31 points and sucks old socks defensively.  That’s easily 8 million.  What’s Heischer gett8ng. 

They have 2 cream puffs leading their offence at the most important position.  At least we have BO.  Not sure why people want to trade him.  He isn't a cream puff and can actually win faceoffs.

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They have 2 cream puffs leading their offence at the most important position.  At least we have BO.  Not sure why people want to trade him.  He isn't a cream puff and can actually win faceoffs.

It’s because Bo plays like a cream puff, even though he is built like bull. 
That and no one thinks anyone is going to want to resign here after the last couple seasons. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No one wants to trade boho.  The only ppl that want to trade him are Sekeres and those that spend all day playing fantasy hockey.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hischier a cream puff?   You didn't see him jump Brouwer when he bumped Blackwood.  He was also the 1st going after Erik Johnson after he kneed Palmieri.  

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ummm, wouldn't that be the most important stat on that tweet?  :lol:

He's 20 years old and still developing.  Put goal scorers on his wings and his production will start to match the amount of chances he creates.

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Exactly.   Its the us national program.  They build one dimensional players. Rarely will you ever find a complete player that can battle and carry a team on their back when it matters come from that program.   Jt miller is one i can think of but eve he played in the ohl.

Its clear nj paid him 8 mill because they can use the fact that hes American for marketing the team.

8M for 52 career points? They must believe in him to breakout and produce offensively like crazy for them to be offering 8M over 8 years. If he doesn’t produce the way their management is expecting him to, that contract is going to look real bad

OOF. The deal that management here made with Quinn looking better every day. But hey, at the end of the day, both of the brothers are multi millionaires. They’re pretty much set for the rest of their lives, even if they suck from here on out, still getting paid. Guaranteed money isn’t it? 

29 minutes ago, mll said:

Hischier a cream puff?   You didn't see him jump Brouwer when he bumped Blackwood.  He was also the 1st going after Erik Johnson after he kneed Palmieri.  

Ha no I have to admit I didn’t see that.  If that is true then I take it all back for Hischier. Not for Hughes however.  Quinn I can see jumping in and swinging. But not Jack. 

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. Which is why he shouldn’t be getting paid $8 million at this point in his career. 

They’re essentially playing for Jack’s production in years 3-4 where he’ll be putting up 90 points /s