The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senators | 4:30 Pacific on SN "Hey, they actually won last game" Edition

Rate this topic

MattJVD

59 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

GO CANUCKS GO

Winning is so much more fun than losing.  

For those who feel losing is the answer, think of the toll it takes on the players.  I don't want them wrecked and really want them to turn things around, even IF we're already projected not to get to the playoffs.

There is no greater good that's worth sacrificing guys like Podz, Hoggy, Petey, Quinn, Demko.....it matters to them that they can hold their heads high with pride and dignity.  So that's my greater good.  I mean, Garland's busting his tail out there....he deserves some success.  It's kind of selfish to cheer against them in my view. 

I feel that some (not all) just run with the theme of the moment (year) and it's more about yelling the loudest than really "caring" about the team.  

I get it, we need change but until that happens I want the players to get some relief from the noise and pressure.  I want them to feel good and be happy here.

No losing isn’t the answer but how many times in years past have we seen them just flounder about and not do anything? It’s because of these mini winning streaks or one game streaks (lol) where everyone goes well see they are not that bad yet they still miss the playoffs. People say well we need to have winning streaks at the end of the year for players to have something to build on for next year. When has that ever worked? It does nothing for next year. It’s been proven over and over. So I do think that the only thing that will make their be radical changes is losing unfortunately, especially with this ownership group. They just hold on too long. Sucks for a lot of the great players but you can’t just live in mediocrity forever and one or two wins always tends to make the owners think it’s not that bad. No one should accept our record. It’s pitiful. Jim Benning has proven he isn’t the answer. Travis Green has proven he isn’t the answer. The players have proven they aren’t the answer but you can’t fire all the players and Benning is the one who put the team together and Taravis is supposed to have them ready which has always been a problem. The writing is on the wall. Everyone sees it, yet this ownership group think it’s smarter than everyone else and just keeps the status quo. It’s a badly run organization. Hard to argue that. The goal now for this club is to just get back to .500. That’s so pathetic. I don’t get how people get excited after one or two wins. Our expectations have been lowered when they shouldn’t be.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I will be going to this game! I have amazing seats. Lower bowl 5 rows up center ice.

As an Ontario guy following every nucks game for last 12 years has taken countless hours of sleep from me. 

Now I cant support the leafs, but I do like the young sens roster. 

The winner of this game will get my support moving forward. Huge stakes. This may be my last post on CDC ever.

Go nucks

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

GO CANUCKS GO

For those who feel losing is the answer, think of the toll it takes on the players.  I don't want them wrecked and really want them to turn things around, even IF we're already projected not to get to the playoffs.

There is no greater good that's worth sacrificing guys like Podz, Hoggy, Petey, Quinn, Demko.....it matters to them that they can hold their heads high with pride and dignity.  So that's my greater good.  I mean, Garland's busting his tail out there....he deserves some success.  It's kind of selfish to cheer against them in my view. 

I feel that some (not all) just run with the theme of the moment (year) and it's more about yelling the loudest than really "caring" about the team.  

I get it, we need change but until that happens I want the players to get some relief from the noise and pressure.  I want them to feel good and be happy here.

I'm usually in agreement, but I think that keeping Green and the assistants is doing just as much damage, and is directly contributing towards the losing.  I don't want the guys to want out because of the bad coaching, which is also a real possibility.

They should have already been doing the work to find a new coach. Reports were they were gonna fire Green but wanted to do it properly. Get the right guy. A win against another bottom team shouldn’t matter. Go Canucks Go

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

They should have already been doing the work to find a new coach. Reports were they were gonna fire Green but wanted to do it properly. Get the right guy. A win against another bottom team shouldn’t matter. Go Canucks Go

I think the Habs GM was canned right after a Habs win.  Man, tough crowd in Montreal.:lol:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Battle of the Losers 

Round 2. 

Canucks were able to win against Montreal in round 1. 
Let’s see how they match up against the turbo losers in Ottawa!

The funny thing about these games is we will win, then at the end of the year, they get the better pick by like 2 points. 
(yes I’m already thinking about team tank). 

Oh well. 
Go Canucks?

It is the way.

5-3 Canucks!

Go Canucks GO!

30 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think the Habs GM was canned right after a Habs win.  Man, tough crowd in Montreal.:lol:

Exactly. There “should” be a process not “well we’ll just wait for one more loss” That’s reactive. Making the right decision shouldn’t come because you beat a couple struggling teams. There should be a decision regardless and a process to do it right 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

GO CANUCKS GO

But learning to deal with pressure is what some of these guys need

has been noted by some, that EP has had a pretty easy career t this point

now, and for the next few years we see if EP wants to overcome the pressure and become a dominant player

or if he wilts when the going gets tough

his statement yesterday about needing to work harder is a good sign

I think the pressure he is under is a catalyst for his recent statement

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Win.... but dont win big enough to make Aquaman think changes dont still need to be made. Nucks 4-2 with Motte putting in the empty nett'er

Aquaman might be replaced by another Aquaman. That being said, Green shouldn't be lead on like this like a man walking to the gallows for weeks. Benning should be fired first, as his choices have made this team what it is. 

• Cheers 1