The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senators | 4:30 Pacific on SN "Hey, they actually won last game" Edition

Rate this topic

MattJVD

16 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Exactly. There “should” be a process not “well we’ll just wait for one more loss” That’s reactive. Making the right decision shouldn’t come because you beat a couple struggling teams. There should be a decision regardless and a process to do it right 

This approach by ownership/management of just hoping things turn around actually hammers home the point there is not - nor has there ever been - an actual long term vision and plan that the shorter term moves are purposely being done to build towards. It’s the same reason every year is treated as a one year plan to just get back to the playoffs. And it’s why it hasn’t worked.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Aquaman might be replaced by another Aquaman. That being said, Green shouldn't be lead on like this like a man walking to the gallows for weeks. Benning should be fired first, as his choices have made this team what it is. 

I heard the brothers had a big fight last night. It was pretty intense. Petey was invited over but didn’t show up.  

47872330-51ED-4414-8723-507CBEAE8D89.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, canuckislander said:

I will be going to this came tonight, all the way down from PEI! First Canucks game in almost 10years.

Hoping for a big win, 5-2 Van

hughes with 3pts

That's a huge road trip for a struggling team. I hope they put on a great show for you. I'm expecting the rink will be dead, considering the Ottawa fan base and Melnyk's stupid idea to build the rink as an anchor in suburbia. It epitomizes what's wrong with this world when land developers care nothing about responsible and sustainable development and only making money. I digress. Have a blast, I'll be in the 200s trying to liven things up--feeding drinks to my son and leaning on my DD daughter.

• Cheers 1

For all of those fans who say " Tanking is for losers" .

I would say that not taking time to build a real team and icing what we see right now is far worse.  They seem to be happy with never building a team that could compete for a cup.

I think that those who follow that kind of mind set are the true losers. You are willing to except years and years of mediocracy.

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

For all of those fans who say " Tanking is for losers" .

I would say that not taking time to build a real team and icing what we see right now is far worse.  They seem to be happy with never building a team that could compete for a cup.

I think that those who follow that kind of mind set are the true losers. You are willing to except years and years of mediocracy.

The Nucks window is only starting to crack open. I'd say a bit early to throw in the towel. Look at Edmonton's build with the chosen one. How many years has it been with him and many other top picks in the line-up? What about Washington and how long OV worked towards a cup. Looking back: this year I hoped for play-offs, then next year, noise in the play-offs. So far it looks doubtful but not impossible. I agree there is a time to tank. For the Nucks it was 2014 through 2017 and I resent the retool. That said, I still feel good about the team's competitive ability over the next five years--but without Green. We really need a coach that can rally the team for puck drop and improve special teams. So tired of seeing cautious, conservative and static play. He may be a good coach but he still needs to go as a start to shaking the management foundations. Enough country club, get tough, truly build a "hard to play against" identity, get rid of those unwilling to pay the price or get results. If that fails, then I'll command the tank in two years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

The Nucks window is only starting to crack open. I'd say a bit early to throw in the towel. Look at Edmonton's build with the chosen one. How many years has it been with him and many other top picks in the line-up? What about Washington and how long OV worked towards a cup. Looking back: this year I hoped for play-offs, then next year, noise in the play-offs. So far it looks doubtful but not impossible. I agree there is a time to tank. For the Nucks it was 2014 through 2017 and I resent the retool. That said, I still feel good about the team's competitive ability over the next five years--but without Green. We really need a coach that can rally the team for puck drop and improve special teams. So tired of seeing cautious, conservative and static play. He may be a good coach but he still needs to go as a start to shaking the management foundations. Enough country club, get tough, truly build a "hard to play against" identity, get rid of those unwilling to pay the price or get results. If that fails, then I'll command the tank in two years.

Two years is too late. You have players that will be becoming UFA's in 18 months. You will loose them for nothing. Or get very little for them at the end of next year. Boeser , Miller and Horvat need to be turned into long term assets this year.

Building an organization you need to maximize your assets .

Or you need to be 100% sure you can sign them . They must fit into a cap structure that allows you to continue to build around.

Edited by appleboy

Ez dub again, 4-1 this time.

51 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

It’s unfortunate for Norris but you just know that guys like Thomas Drance are going to use this as an excuse for the Senators losing tonight’s game if the Canucks manage to win tonight.  

You say some weird stuff.

• Cheers 1