The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2022 WJHC Thread

Rate this topic

HKSR

Coach shortening the bench and playing Lysell like he’s McDavid…

Something tells me he won’t be coaching next world juniors. Very poor showing by the Swedes.

The good news is the door is wide open for guys like Pettersson, Myrenberg, and Forsell to make the team in the winter. No player from that team should be a lock other than Wallstedt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Coach shortening the bench and playing Lysell like he’s McDavid…

Something tells me he won’t be coaching next world juniors. Very poor showing by the Swedes.

The good news is the door is wide open for guys like Pettersson, Myrenberg, and Forsell to make the team in the winter. No player from that team should be a lock other than Wallstedt.

I believe this was his 6th straight year of coaching Sweden at the WJs and won't be returning for Halifax. 

Saw people on Twitter taking shots at Lekkerimaki. It is pretty unusual for a player to have zero games under his belt in his D+1 year before representing his team at the Worlds. You get phenoms like Bedard and then some younger guys on rosters that aren't very deep. Four months should make a big difference in Lekkerimaki's development. 

• Like 1

Nice follow up by the Finnish Embassy.

I sent them an email after the Gold Medal game, and got a reply.

"

Hi:

Just a quick note to say congratulations on winning the silver.

Your team played well, and perhaps deserved a better fate.

So impressive that a nation with your population base can be so competitive in junior hockey; as well as with the 63 players in the NHL

Likely see your team next year in the finals again.

Best of luck, till then.

A fan of good hockey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your email and best wishes! I find the matches between Finland and Canada to be the most exciting! :)

By the way, this year Toronto’s Hockey Hall of Fame will introduce a new Finnish player, Mrs. Riikka Sallinen.

All the Best,

Laura

Laura Kehusmaa

Public Diplomacy and Communications Coordinator

Tel. +1 (613)  288 2241
Cell +1 (613) 716 4943

laura.kehusmaa@formin.fi

• Cheers 1