The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to Replace Halak with a Proper BU Goalie after Losing Every game this year?

6 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

While our skaters are struggling to gain their stride, enormous pressures have shifted onto our Goalies, and while Demko has certainly done his part to win & steal some games for us, he can't do it all by himself.  That is why Halak was brought in here - to provide some down-time and relief for Demko - yet he has failed to win a single game this year after playing in 6 games (5 of which starts).   

Q: If we can't depend on Halak to at least win a few games, shouldn't Jim B recognize this and TERMINATE Halak and Replace him with a proper BU goalie immediately?

I watched the Boston game (Halak’s last outing) and he was fine.  The team in front needs to step up and it looks like they are starting to do that.  If the Canucks beat the Pens tomorrow, we can start to realistically think about a miraculous push for the playoffs. 

OP -The way the team has been playing in front of him, Halak would have to post a shutout in every game in order to win. If your expectation is the back up goalie should be posting shutouts then in your mind your post is correct... But not in the real world.

...this topic was created 7 hours ago...by my math and looking at the clock that's around 1 AM...WTF man, you need to take a Canuck break lol. Relax, forget about JB and Green for a day or two. Come back well rested and with less saltyness to your tone. 

Halak is not the issue, period.

&^@# off and have a nice nap :) 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

While our skaters are struggling to gain their stride, enormous pressures have shifted onto our Goalies, and while Demko has certainly done his part to win & steal some games for us, he can't do it all by himself.  That is why Halak was brought in here - to provide some down-time and relief for Demko - yet he has failed to win a single game this year after playing in 6 games (5 of which starts).   

Q: If we can't depend on Halak to at least win a few games, shouldn't Jim B recognize this and TERMINATE Halak and Replace him with a proper BU goalie immediately?

seriously, what part of Toronto are you from?

• Haha 1

Unlike many others, I never liked the Halak signing.  I think he's average at best as a BU, and he lets in very untimely goals which - on a team like ours - is a deathblow most games. 

That said - Halak is NOT the issue with this team and replacing him with someone else won't make a difference whatsoever imo. 

8 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

So what do you propose that would be better than a goalie posting a quite good 2.85 GAA and 0.910 save %................ or is this simply a troll post?

I feel Halak has earned more time, not less with his play so far this year.  He has given us a legit chance to win every game he has been in this year so far.  The gap in play between him and Demko has not been significant.  I hope he gets 2 of the 6 home games on this stretch.

• Upvote 1

Halak has a better save % than Demko this year. 

Just sayin'....

Halak is not our problem. Maybe if guys named Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, and Pearson could score double the points like they have in the past we would be in a position where we didn't have to rely on our goalies to play like all-starts every night.

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

What a ridiculous topic.

"We're not scoring goals! So we should...replace the goalie!"

I say we replace the equipment manager too, his fault the sticks aren't scoring either, or tipping/deflecting shots into the net or away from their own net...by god I think we're onto something here! 

FIRE PATTY O'NEILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

BU goalie? Who is the goalie for Boston University? And why should we sign him? Is he our property?

Demko played for Boston College (BC). Is that why we need a proper BU goalie? You don't like BC? Are you BU alum?