The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

59 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I was kinda talking out of my a*#!  But was referring to the idea of hamonic being traded to a team that would want the option of stashing him the the ahl without having to go through waivers... But, I don't think I have that right.  Really, I probably shouldn't even speculate because it hurts my head trying to make any sense of this hamonic saga so far this season.

Hey, thanks for clarifying. I get the idea of stashing him in the AHL. If it were me I'd trade him. Enough drama. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Just one from what I gather.  And that was his original stint down there after coming back from his personal leave.  So what... A month ago ish?

Incredible that the local media didn't spot this, or comment on it.

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

So we send him back to Abbotsford for playing time, but he’s not reporting or playing there?  The whole Hamonic saga is tiring.  Is he vaccinated or not?  Will he report to Abbotsford or not?  He did play one game there, didn’t he?  

He is now fully vaccinated per Green.  

Doesn't look like they've asked him to report to Abbotsford beyond that 1 game.  There's no escrow in the AHL - might be a favour to allow him to earn more when he can't play than keeping him on their active roster.  Cap wise there's no real impact to demote him or keep him up -  they are in LTIR so anything below the maximum possible cap can't be banked and is lost.  Creates a roster spot but they are at 22 players and kept that spot open for him to join them on their road trip, but per his agent he fell ill.

It stops the waiver clock but now that he is fully vaccinated not sure why it would matter.  Even in case of a trade, at 3M with another year, would expect a team trading for him to have him on their active roster.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, khay said:

Yep, that's a decent amount of toughness.

Hughes-Scheen is a good pairing. 

Poolman-Hamonic as bottom pairing isn't too bad except that Poolman is also a RHD.

Why did we let Edler walk?

Edler-Hamonic. That's a good defensive pairing.

And he only cost 1 mil more than Poolman. I'm sure we could have fit him in.

Yeah not sure why they let Edler go only to sign a worst dman in poolman. I thought they would have signed an upgrade. 

5 hours ago, DanielCloutier said:

I admire you for making that choice which was yours alone to make. I believe you did so with the best intentions for your own health and the health of those around you.

an objective look at the 11% -> 25% heart condition risk i mentioned

a case for aspirating the shots

confirmed need for aspiration

and for what it's worth, the guy doing those breakdowns started doing these videos at the onset on covid (he was covering more general health topics previously) to counter ANTI-vaccine misinfo. he does a good job of being objective and evidence-based. he's a retired nurse teacher and accident and emergency nurse with a PhD. and if you dont want to take his word for it, links to the research he references are provided.

on top of these things i find it extremely fishy how pfizer/the FDA is responding to a freedom of info request for their trial data by claiming it will take them 55 years to release the info, hiding behind the guise of bureaucracy

especially when whistleblowers have come forward saying corners were cut and data was falsified in the vaccine trials

there are other things but those are the ones with the most reliable evidence off the top of my head. too many red flags for me. and I'm not going to put a brand new medical technology in my body when I feel like the gov and the pharma industry are trying to pull wool over my eyes.

I feel like were co-opting this hockey thread with un-hockey related discussion, so this is probably going to be the last time i reply out of respect for the forum rules.

glad to see hammer is back, unfortunate he got sick recently. hope he recovers fast and fully.

8 Billion people have now had a shot worldwide.  Roughly 1 in 1,000,000 experienced serious near death effect. People do have side effects, rarely similar to Covid.

Meanwhile?

770,000 Americans have died from Covid.  In a population of 327 Million >> that is 1/400

One in 400 dead walking the streets of Texas, NY, Florida etc.. 

Most of them unvaccinated.

Go figure?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Yeah not sure why they let Edler go only to sign a worst dman in poolman. I thought they would have signed an upgrade. 

I wonder if the Canucks are making a claim for Clague. He’s a LHD, so maybe he slots in beside Poolman (RHD). Could be a decent third pairing.

13 hours ago, DanielCloutier said:

are you a doctor? are you a gene splicer? 

i don’t fault anyone for being hesitant to put their health on the line with a completely brand new vaccine technology. 

at the very least we’re only now learning that the shots should be aspirated to prevent clotting, something that still isn’t part of protocol in canada. just one example of something important we hadn’t known for the first year of taking this brand new vaccine technology. 

there’s also some pretty concrete evidence of inflammatory markers showing up post-shot that suggest the average chances of developing a heart condition after taking the shots increases from 11% to 25% within 5 years. 

and the fact that no one can make an informed decision about what they’re putting into their body because of all the politics and censorship around the topic of covid and vaccination. 

get off your high horse bud. 

But I like my horsey. I bet you do too.

No, not a doctor, just work with some.

That stat on developing a heart condition is BS.

How many accounts do you have? I like how you tend to make 2, so one can jump in and defend the other.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

8 Billion people have now had a shot worldwide.  Roughly 1 in 1,000,000 experienced serious near death effect. People do have side effects, rarely similar to Covid.

Meanwhile?

770,000 Americans have died from Covid.  In a population of 327 Million >> that is 1/400

One in 400 dead walking the streets of Texas, NY, Florida etc.. 

Most of them unvaccinated.

Go figure?

?

7.9 Billion (2021)

The current world population is 7.9 billion as of December 2021 according to the most recent United Nations estimates elaborated by Worldometer.

• Cheers 1