The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scott Mellanby generating buzz as potential Canucks GM candidate

Rate this topic

Drive-By Body Pierce

For our new management? 

For me, this team is totally composed poorly. What we need is another top six forward, a center that can push Pettersson to the wing where he's a much more productive player. Connor Geekie is available around where we're picking, if we pick ahead of Seattle we could have a shot at Mathew Savoie. This year's draft is very strong and I feel like moving two of these four: Pearson, Horvat, Boeser and even Miller and going with a younger group next year could be beneficial. Our core is very young, but the complimentary players not so much. Horvat is already in his prime, so is Miller and we're not even close to contending. I don't think that's a good sign. 

17 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

For our new management? 

For me, this team is totally composed poorly. What we need is another top six forward, a center that can push Pettersson to the wing where he's a much more productive player. Connor Geekie is available around where we're picking, if we pick ahead of Seattle we could have a shot at Mathew Savoie. This year's draft is very strong and I feel like moving two of these four: Pearson, Horvat, Boeser and even Miller and going with a younger group next year could be beneficial. Our core is very young, but the complimentary players not so much. Horvat is already in his prime, so is Miller and we're not even close to contending. I don't think that's a good sign. 

I think Bo's gotta stay. Miller time to go. You get more for him as well. 

• 1 month later...