The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | Saturday, December 4th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PST | CBC, SN

Rate this topic

goalie13

3 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Unfortunately this is closest to the truth.   Sigh 

No..not it isn’t..it’s poor management though. Hard to call them frugal when they’re a cap team every year, buying out holtby/virt, Took on 60mil or whatever for OEL. To be clear, I think the coach and GM need to go but firing green isn’t going to make this team better all of a sudden. Let’s start at the top and get an actual leader (president or whatever you wanna call it) in and try to get a legitimate plan together.

• Cheers 4

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Quinn is a dude. Huge amount of respect for him for playing so well regardless of how the rest of the team is doing, and for giving well deserved props to Schenn. 

Irritating what people thought of him last year. Just a kid. Sky is the limit 

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Irritating what people thought of him last year. Just a kid. Sky is the limit 

Already destroying records left, right and center on this team, and consistently brings it. Makes his defensive partner better.

Outside of Demko and Horvat, if anyone is a foundational player, it's Hughes.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Already destroying records left, right and center on this team, and consistently brings it. Makes his defensive partner better.

Outside of Demko and Horvat, if anyone is a foundational player, it's Hughes.

Curious why you think Horvat is foundational?

He's good offensively, not very good defensively and isn't as tough as you usually like your guys. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Curious why you think Horvat is foundational?

He's good offensively, not very good defensively and isn't as tough as you usually like your guys. 

One of the best face off guys in the league.

Leader and absolutely brings it when it matters most. He’s gritty and tough. He just doesn’t smash people in the face like a lot of people wanna see for what ever reason. I’d rather a healthy Horvat then a concussed on. Leave that to the forth liners if we had that type.

• Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Please!   Seriously.   It’s annoying!   Green/benning need to be fired.  So if losing causes it then so be it.  Canucks suck!  Plain and simple.  I’m not a homer fan. 

honestly I get so annoyed with cdc.  One minute everyone is calling for their heads, the next they get a little wining streak going and god forbid you say a negative thing against the team, then all of a sudden you’re a horrible fan blah blah.   

I don’t think it has anything to do with a couple of wins against our fellow basement dwellers, IMO it’s the difference between wanting management/coaching changes and actually hoping for losses. 

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1