The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | Saturday, December 4th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PST | CBC, SN

Rate this topic

goalie13

5 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Boeser likes the Pens

He tends to score many goals

If not, what is wrong 

(haiku) 

That was back when Matt Murray was in net. Hopefully he can get going. Him and Pettersson has been major disappointments thus far into the season.

Probably need 8 or 9 points out of 12 to climb even remotely close to getting back in the race.  Anything less than that an I'd expect we see a new coach at the helm. 

We have a Stretch of very winnable games to end the year....Ducks twice, Kraken Twice, Coyotes, kings, Sharks.  I'd love for us to just get back to a spot where the games matter.

I'm ashamed to admit I was hoping for consecutive bad losses there for a bit... just because I think the team desperately needs a shakeup and that seemed like the quickest path forward. But the team was terrible for a pretty good stretch and nothing changed, so it's obvious now that ownership is taking their time, which is probably a good thing in the long run. I really can't stand to see the boys lose night after night so GO CANUCKS GO!

1 hour ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

It's pretty annoying when "fans" think they need to lose to win. It's like &^@#ing for virginity...

It's clear that change is going to happen, win or lose. But continued losing just discourages the players and kills their confidence, in the near and potentially long term.

You know what else is annoying…. 

you.  

Parks And Recreation Mic Drop GIF

lol. 

I’m actually quite excited to see what our fully healthy defense can do now that they’re finally together.

I think Hamonic/Poolman combo have shutdown potential. If Poolman can learn to just focus on playing defense and not try to do too much, I think he’s solid. He doesn’t strike me as incompetent, it’s just when he tries to play forward and gets out of position is when he starts to fault. 

Id also like to see Myers step it up. He’s looked too flimsy out there coughing up the puck in the offensive zone and getting those weak shot attempts. A guy his size should not be shooting muffins. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Let’s go on a winning streak.  Playoffs are a possibility if they keep winning. We have a decent team if we’re firing on all cylinders.  D is average but our forward group is decent. Need more from Dickinson 

Gonna take a big winning streak to even get back in the conversation. Like 8 games big.

Good news is Demko has shown when he gets rolling he can carry the team on those kind of runs.

Just glad the team still has some fight in them. They’re definitely not thinking the season is a write off.

• Cheers 2