The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | Saturday, December 4th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PST | CBC, SN

Rate this topic

goalie13

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Apparently everyone doesn’t know it because there are teams interested.

For half the cost it’s worth the gamble in some GMs minds.

just because they might roll the dice doesn't mean they don't know he's poison. 

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Already destroying records left, right and center on this team, and consistently brings it. Makes his defensive partner better.

Outside of Demko and Horvat, if anyone is a foundational player, it's Hughes.

A "Homerun" according to GMJB, at his draft.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Thanks for providing a great example of why our fanbase needs improvement. 

Imagine being a fan and upset if a team comes together turns it around but because you a fan with no actual NHL experience thinks the coach sucks.  

The ironic thing is said person will say it's for the best but if the team puts it together and does well for a sustained period why the hell would you still want changes?

people who say it's a system thing but the team is top 5 in possession and 5on5 GA.

For me who gladly admits my Forte is baseball as far as playing at an elite level and tho I've watched every game since maybe I'm missing something but to me the reason we have lost games is lack of scoring despite generating chances. 

Our pk has been better with Hamonic and especially Motte but that could very well use a fresh voice.

The pp has goals in 3 straight and even I can see that early on it was entirely to passive and stationary but TG has fiddled numerous times and hopefully this iteration continues to score.

The one issue I have is how Petey is being handled, don't get me wrong I respect the fact that nobody gets a free pass but Jesus put Brock with them over Dowhling, those 2 and Podz showed well in limited minutes and Petey and Brock have always had good chemistry,  let them work out of their funk together with Podz, who has shown to work his ass off and that kind of play is infectious. 

I also think Rathbone needs another chance unless they plan to use two RHD on the bottom pair,, Burroughs is a great story but man he struggles at times..

I really hope we've turned a corner, winning is fun and we still are only six out of a playoff spot and one good run puts us right back in the mix.

The Cali teams have ovetachieved IMO and Vegas just isn't the same team without MAF but I will say getting Jack for Krebs and Tuch, was robbery. Getting a 1c who's 25 without giving up much or drafting him is such a Vegas thing.

Hate the team and at some point their gunslinger GM giving up every 1st pick they've had will catch up but kudos for having the ballz  to be all in every season .

The fact they play in Vegas and operate like that just seems right to me lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Neither would I but I could see them making a desperate move like that.

Kanes on ice abilities is exactly what this team is lacking.

Maybe they think they can control his off ice antics? Would either be a big payoff or just add to the circus of this season. Either way it would be entertaining.

Like Rodman did for Mike. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This, is as Don Cherry used to say, a beauty.

All you "Fire Benning" people really want to lose JB?

None of you get paid for your opinions.

Jim lays it all out on the line for the team (and has assembled a tantalizing squad imo).

Franco pays the tab and stays the course.

I mean, this crap like 'his hands are tied", et cetera, give me a break.

We've got a good team here (and Jim Benning built it).

I am excited to seeing our team play every upcoming shift.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Last game we were hopelessly outplayed. now we are at home inf ront of our crowd and id say its time for payback with a win.....lets hope for a win against a good team and we might actually take a new step in confidence...

Which game was this then?

The one we just won?

You kinda wipe out your good conclusions with your 'hopelessly outplayed' thing.

We're on a roll Mrwipeout, Cheers!

34 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Which game was this then?

The one we just won?

You kinda wipe out your good conclusions with your 'hopelessly outplayed' thing.

We're on a roll Mrwipeout, Cheers!

last game we faced the pens we were hopelessly outplayed. this was on november 24th. 4-1 didnt reflect how far we actually were from them in that game. they played a team game in sync and we werent even close. ill be sure to specify the last game against the pens more precicely to really mark that it was againt the pens im referring to. each game is new but u can still compare to the last game played against the same team. 

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

Last game we were hopelessly outplayed. now we are at home inf ront of our crowd and id say its time for payback with a win.....lets hope for a win against a good team and we might actually take a new step in confidence...

We outshot Ottawa 35-21 and won 6-2.  How exactly were we outplayed last game?

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We outshot Ottawa 35-21 and won 6-2.  How exactly were we outplayed last game?

last game we faced the pens we were hopelessly outplayed. this was on november 24th. 4-1 didnt reflect how far we actually were from them in that game. they played a team game in sync and we werent even close. ill be sure to specify the last game against the pens more precicely to really mark that it was againt the pens im referring to. each game is new but u can still compare to the last game played against the same team. 

5 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

12174CB0-8E46-4216-8F68-939C11C4E151.jpeg

Just a reminder that we still have lots of open GDT dates for almost every game this season. Please sign up if you are able.

Thanks! Go Canucks Go!

I will b of the minority but I liked last years approach...a combined GDT/PGT, always found it odd why we had to leave 1 thread to enter another...Normal same GDT not something full of filler with pictures or whatever you kids call that stuff, to me it just is overkill having to scroll down so far just to read the first post....ya call me an old sole and hate me...I am used to it from this site.

Pens should be tired, boys should come out strong and get an early lead. I will be disappointed if it ain't 3w in a row for us, Go Canucks Go!

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

There is only now.

• Like 1