The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (05-11) 2021

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I thought it looked like a clean hit and I bet if he bounced back up people would be saying how awesome that hit was.

Jones with a suicide pass and Khaira not having his head up are what made that hit dangerous IMO. 

Clean hit, terrible result. 

This is he third major blow to the head that Khaira has taken this calendar year. He fought on March 19th Brett Ritchie and suffered a devastating knockout. On April 19th Alexander Romanov stopped him with a crushing hit while Khaira was skating at speed. Tonight Trouba exploded through Khaira, who was looking down at the puck until too late. You really have to wonder if he comes back whether taking another hit to the head is worth the risk to his long term health. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

This is he third major blow to the head that Khaira has taken this calendar year. He fought on March 19th Brett Ritchie and suffered a devastating knockout. On April 19th Alexander Romanov stopped him with a crushing hit while Khaira was skating at speed. Tonight Trouba exploded through Khaira, who was looking down at the puck until too late. You really have to wonder if he comes back whether taking another hit to the head is worth the risk to his long term health. 

Each time you are concussed you are more sensitive to the next one.  Khaira in my opinion should consider giving himself ample time to recover possibly until next season.  Challenge for a player like him is he needs to play physical to stay on the league.  Good luck and good health to him.

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

He broke the cardinal rule, you never look down while in a transitioning area of the ice.  He played a game and won a prize. 
 It really speaks volumes of Jones though to not jump Trouba immediately after though. Most players that make the mistake that results in a teammate getting injured try to make it right. 

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Eerily similar too Ferland. Tough on these guys to have their dreams come true, proved they can play, then concussions. I remember cheering Khaira at the young guys in Penticton. BC boy. Wish him the best.

11 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Each time you are concussed you are more sensitive to the next one.  Khaira in my opinion should consider giving himself ample time to recover possibly until next season.  Challenge for a player like him is he needs to play physical to stay on the league.  Good luck and good health to him.

Perhaps he could play a more 'skilled' game in Europe, there likely are a few leagues that don't have the NHL physicality.

Best of luck to him.

I've had 3 or 4 concussions myself, and they suck!