The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop with the Sky Falling predictions... This team has plenty of talent... what it needs is a coach who can use it

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

10 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I think coaching is a convenient scapegoat to address the real problems of this team. I get we would like to "so to say" have a magic wand to make the problems go away but that's not how it works. 

The Oilers pre McDavid also had talented players that just didn't gel together and mo one can blame the coaching especially on how well Eakins is doing now. Oilers problem was that despite the talent they just didn't have a good team. 

But going back to the Canucks. Self denial isn't going solve the teams problems and changing the coaching isn't going to magically make the team a playoff team. I said this so many times already all or most of the predictions from the hockey media and journalist and data and analytical models had the Canucks missing the playoffs. Guys like Jeff Patterson even said the Canucks don't have an NHL caliber D-core. When all these predictions had Canucks not being a good enough team, and the end result is that they aren't good enough to win games consistently. Then the problem is beyond coaching and it's the team.

I'd also like to believe it's just coaching but it's not the media doesn't think so and neither from predictive analytics. 

Eakins was out of a job for a long time, and may have learned a lot as an assistant. This cannot be ignored.

Edited by Dazzle