The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlebots: Season 6 Episode 3: Ducks, Dragons, Killer Snakes – What a Zoo! Tonight 6-8pm + 9-11pm

StanleyCupOneDay

15 hours ago, Wash said:

Yes - so excited!  The trailer is really slick!  

It will be a nice New Year’s treat.  I do hope that Discovery Canada has it on air with the same timing as the US.  The two week delay last year was annoying!

The delay drove me crazy. Had to avoid going online to stop from getting spoiled.

Gotta say though I hate the trailer. Domo Arigato + Faruq just cheapens the show imo.

• 5 weeks later...
  • StanleyCupOneDay changed the title to Battlebots: Season 6 Episode 1 Slash and Burn
53 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You should check out Robot wars,the British version of this show. 

Craig Charles- Lister from Red Dwarf was the host from 98-2004.

Do you mean the first battlebots before it was rebooted? I watched them all. If it’s a different show though I’ll definitely check it out. Always love these fights. So much can happen and anyone can win in the right circumstances.

42 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Awesome SCOD, my father and I will be watching tonight. Should be fun.

Thanks for the thread. I'll try to remember to come on line and post my revelations. haha :emot-parrot:

Cheers! It’s gonna be a blast! 2 hours of robot carnage. Hope you both enjoy yourselves. I’m assuming we’ll see SawBlaze tonight given the title of the episode. That team always puts on a great show win, lose or... explosion.

spacer.png
image.gif.afe927f4398217f193f186785f50432b.gif

• Cheers 1

• StanleyCupOneDay changed the title to Battlebots: Season 6 Episode 2 I Like Big Bots That Will Not Die
On 1/6/2022 at 8:14 PM, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Holy &^@#! That was insane. What a way to start the season.

Hey bud. Had to PVR the shows. Saw the first episode last week. SawBlaze was indeed something else. SawBlaze is way nastier this year. I think my favorite was Deep Six. So awkward looking. That was awesome though, big hit there. I didn't really like End Game and the extra flippers. Surprised with Tombstone getting beat but thought Switchback looked pretty mean as did Blacksmith. Free Shipping is pretty entertaining too.

Onto episode 2!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Hey bud. Had to PVR the shows. Saw the first episode last week. SawBlaze was indeed something else. SawBlaze is way nastier this year. I think my favorite was Deep Six. So awkward looking. That was awesome though, big hit there. I didn't really like End Game and the extra flippers. Surprised with Tombstone getting beat but thought Switchback looked pretty mean as did Blacksmith. Free Shipping is pretty entertaining too.

Onto episode 2!

Happy you got to see the first episode! SawBlaze I think is using a different designed saw or material for the saw this year which looks to be paying big dividends early. Deep Six is really cool looking, but I feel they’re going to be too unbalanced still which is going to result in some unexpected losses. End Game knows like all bot builders that the lowest to the ground usually wins the fight, they were very smart to make an adjustment for facing Hydra. I also am still pissed at Jake Ewert for that Huge match last season, so I was happy he lost.

Champions know they always need to make changes to keep up and stay ahead of the competition. The NZlanders and End Game are gunning for another Giant Nut. Shredderator was the biggest upset I’ve seen in a long time. That was crazy. Blacksmith finally decided to change their weapon so damage is more visible and it’s paid off. I always love Gary Gin and Free Shipping. Always entertaining matches even if he rarely ever wins.

The 2nd episode is wild too. Rotator is the nastiest version I’ve ever seen. Arin Dell formerly leader of team Tantrum and his new bot Blip is one of the most unique and impressive rookies ever. Up there with Deathroll, Jackpot and Bombshell. They look to go far in this year’s tournie. Matty Vasquez and Whiplash are the best driver/bot combo in the tournament. Try changing my mind on that. They think they can win the Giant Nut this year. I wouldn’t bet against them either. Lots of other great fights too.

I never get tired of watching these fights. So much can happen that determines who wins and loses. Any bot can beat another in the right circumstances. Going to be way more exciting and tough this year with all the teams and their bots coming back after skipping last season’s competition.

• StanleyCupOneDay changed the title to Battlebots: Season 6 Episode 3: Ducks, Dragons, Killer Snakes – What a Zoo! Tonight 6-8pm + 9-11pm