Vancouver gets

2022 Boston 1st rounder 

2022 Boston 2nd rounder 

Fabian Lysell

Craig Smith 

Boston gets 

JT Miller @ 25% retained 

Alex Chiasson 

Move the assets of value that Canucks get draft picks or young players instead of just rearranging the deck chairs and telling a bald face lie like JB was when saying this team is a playoff team 

10 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

You think a new coach is going to make that defense better or have better players on the PK? 
That’s pissing in my ear and telling me it’s raining 

Actually I want to see how the players respond to a new coach and new systems, before cleaning house.

Better assessment of the players we have. Right now you'd get jack in return. If the team still struggles make deals at the deadline.

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Hiring a new GM and Coach doesn’t equal scrap the team lol

It’s not scrapping the team it’s trading assets with value that don’t consider into your future plans

Petey, Hughes, Demko, Podkolzin, Höglander are the guys you build around the rest are going to want big money when the Canucks are not going to be good

Also between Miller and Horvat one or both need to go because whatever is going on in the locker room it seems the team is not listening to Bo and when that happens something in that locker room dynamic needs to change and quick because it is transmitting through that locker more then COVID-19 last year 

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier
  • Wat 1

30 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Calgary says fk off with your offer. They LOVE Mang

I like how you think you are Calgary management, they have been looking for a Bo Horvat type 2nd line center and they can trade Johnny Hockey for a different scoring winger in the offseason like to Phillie for Konecny and Horvat is a Darryl Sutter type player not only that Motte is as well 

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier

43 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Trade #1

Vancouver gets

Calgary 2022 1st rounder 

Florida 2022 2nd rounder

Andrew Mangiapane

Dillon Dubé

Mikael Backlund 

Calgary gets 

Bo Horvat 

Tyler Motte 

2022 Winnipeg 3rd rounder 

The flames laugh and hang up.

44 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Trade #2

Vancouver gets 

Matthew Boldy

Kevin Fiala

Minnesota gets 

Brock Boeser @ 50% retention 

Luke Schenn 

Jet Woo

Fiala and Boeser would have similar value. Even if you consider Boeser more valuable, a top prospect is not the difference.

45 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Trade #3

Vancouver gets

2022 Boston 1st rounder 

2022 Boston 2nd rounder 

Fabian Lysell

Craig Smith 

Boston gets 

JT Miller @ 25% retained 

Alex Chiasson 

A bit more realistic but doubt something Boston considers.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

I like how you think you are Calgary management, they have been looking for a Bo Horvat type 2nd line center and they can trade Johnny Hockey for a different scoring winger in the offseason like to Phillie for Konecny and Horvat is a Darryl Sutter type player not only that Motte is as well 

I think lots of teams want Bo Horvat as their 2nd line center, including the Vancouver Canucks.  I don't see what trading him for a gamble on a pick accomplishes.  We already know he's a quality hockey player and he's got lots left in the tank.  Bo Horvat is not the problem with this team and I don't think that trading him in our time of desperation is a good idea.  GCG!

• Thanks 2

Miller + Myers (cuz I just don't think he's worth $6M) to NYR for Kratsov (prospect) + Miller (big young LHD) + Schneider (prospect) + 1st.

That's what I would like but probably can't happen as not sure how to balance NYR cap.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Trade #1

Vancouver gets

Calgary 2022 1st rounder 

Florida 2022 2nd rounder

Andrew Mangiapane

Dillon Dubé

Mikael Backlund 

Calgary gets 

Bo Horvat 

Tyler Motte 

2022 Winnipeg 3rd rounder 

Trade #2

Vancouver gets 

Matthew Boldy

Kevin Fiala

Minnesota gets 

Brock Boeser @ 50% retention 

Luke Schenn 

Jet Woo

Trade #3

Vancouver gets

2022 Boston 1st rounder 

2022 Boston 2nd rounder 

Fabian Lysell

Craig Smith 

Boston gets 

JT Miller @ 25% retained 

Alex Chiasson 

Move the assets of value that Canucks get draft picks or young players instead of just rearranging the deck chairs and telling a bald face lie like JB was when saying this team is a playoff team 

You don't sell when the value is the lowest it could be dude. 

• Wat 1

34 minutes ago, BPA said:

Miller + Myers (cuz I just don't think he's worth $6M) to NYR for Kratsov (prospect) + Miller (big young LHD) + Schneider (prospect) + 1st.

That's what I would like but probably can't happen as not sure how to balance NYR cap.

NYR hang up, and hire homesome to throw a pie in your face.

That's waaay too much. They won't move K'Andre Miller, they'll want him a part of their core. He plays with Trouba on a shutdown pairing.

They have Trouba, Fox and Lundkvist(could be another stud RD on top of Fox) all set as their RD. They don't need Myers. 

They could part with Schneider and Kratsov(there were rumors of them maybe moving him). I wouldn't want Kratsov though. If he isn't signing there he definitely won't sign here.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I think lots of teams want Bo Horvat as their 2nd line center, including the Vancouver Canucks.  I don't see what trading him for a gamble on a pick accomplishes.  We already know he's a quality hockey player and he's got lots left in the tank.  Bo Horvat is not the problem with this team and I don't think that trading him in our time of desperation is a good idea.  GCG!

I don't think resigning both of Miller and Horvat will be possible as they both want a lot money in two years and both want 5 years minimum when they need to renovate their lineup through the next two drafts that are loaded with talent to change the Canucks just like how the Avalanche moved on from O'Reilly and Duchene when their deals were coming up and I think the Canucks can reshape their defense and have an actual team identity in a few years by trading Miller, Horvat and Boeser instead of signing each to 4-6 year deals for at minimum of $6Million each player

44 minutes ago, BPA said:

NYR use tracking technology.  Was set up under Gorton who is looking to expand the department in Montreal.  There's very little chance that you could get them to bite on Myers.  NYR moved Miller for reasons that went beyond the ice so not sure they'd want him back.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

NYR hang up, and hire homesome to throw a pie in your face.

That's waaay too much. They won't move K'Andre Miller, they'll want him a part of their core. He plays with Trouba on a shutdown pairing.

They have Trouba, Fox and Lundkvist(could be another stud RD on top of Fox) all set as their RD. They don't need Myers. 

They could part with Schneider and Kratsov(there were rumors of them maybe moving him). I wouldn't want Kratsov though. If he isn't signing there he definitely won't sign here.

1 minute ago, mll said:

NYR use tracking technology.  Was set up under Gorton who is looking to expand the department in Montreal.  There's very little chance that you could get them to bite on Myers.  NYR moved Miller for reasons that went beyond the ice so not sure they'd want him back.

I can dream can't I?

Lol.

Was hoping JT Miller being the new shiny toy would gloss over the blemishes of Myers ($6M gentle giant).

:P

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

I don't think resigning both of Miller and Horvat will be possible as they both want a lot money in two years and both want 5 years minimum when they need to renovate their lineup through the next two drafts that are loaded with talent to change the Canucks just like how the Avalanche moved on from O'Reilly and Duchene when their deals were coming up and I think the Canucks can reshape their defense and have an actual team identity in a few years by trading Miller, Horvat and Boeser instead of signing each to 4-6 year deals for at minimum of $6Million each player

You don’t trade Horvat since he is younger than Miller.

Trade Miller as much you want…

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

NYR needs a better Centre to play with those high end wingers and Miller would be a player that would be good in the playoffs and he is a different player then when he was last in the big apple and on 2 year cap friendly deal

I could see NYR doing Kravstov and Nils Lundkvist for Miller and Schenn as they have Braden Schneider in the system

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Trouba, Fox and Lundkvist is another good reason. Their top 4/5D are pretty set for a while. Lundkvist is just getting started too and he could be a stud.

Already a few rumours/speculation in NY with a potential reunion with JT Miller. So it looks like it's not outside the realm of probability. 

A number of teams have been circling around Miller (including one of his old teams, the New York Rangers) amid the Canucks’ disastrous season, although it seems as if GM Jim Benning does not have the full autonomy to make a core-altering trade at the moment. 

Frank Seravalli, DFO

Larry Brooks of the NY Post notes that the Rangers may face a decision regarding Ryan Strome soon. They may also consider replacing him with Miller next year.

The Rangers would certainly be interested in a reunion with the player they selected 15th overall in that 2011 draft, depending on the price demanded in return. He could slide onto the right side with either Kreider and Zibanejad or with Panarin or Strome. He could also go into the middle if needed.

NY Post (subscription required)

Strome is a pending UFA and is in line for a significant increase which next year’s cap crunched Rangers can’t afford. His current cap hit is $4.5M and his next contract should be significantly higher.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1