The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A New Era has begun in Canuck Nation. What do you expect and hope for?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

4 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Some troll started saying that a while ago and now everyone says it like it is fact. Prove it. Second if it is his team he can do whatever he wishes. 

When Apple and Playstation say that you buy their product but they still own it, do you agree with that or is the product yours to do as you wish?

This isn't a court, dude. I don't need to "prove" anything, although Gillis alluded to being at odds with ownership before he was canned. There's the Kesler trade debacle, the Torts hire, the continuous "rebuild on the fly" strategy that crashed and burned, Linden's departure, Lombardi refusing to work for Aqua. There's a lot more too, and where there's smoke, there's usually fire. 

And just because they own the product doesn't mean consumers can't criticize said product. If Apple comes out smartphone made out of applewood smoke bacon, I would certainly hope that consumers would call them out for having such a stupid idea.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This isn't a court, dude. I don't need to "prove" anything, although Gillis alluded to being at odds with ownership before he was canned. There's the Kesler trade debacle, the Torts hire, the continuous "rebuild on the fly" strategy that crashed and burned, Linden's departure, Lombardi refusing to work for Aqua. There's a lot more too, and where there's smoke, there's usually fire. 

And just because they own the product doesn't mean consumers can't criticize said product. If Apple comes out smartphone made out of applewood smoke bacon, I would certainly hope that consumers would call them out for having such a stupid idea.

Cool. When you speculate, I can call it garbage.

Never said you can't criticize did I. Good job changing the argument because I never said that. My comment was about rights as an owner not about making a bacon phone. Keep trying though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Gillis did a radio interview just before he was fired.  He mentioned he didn’t know what the direction of the team was going to be and whether he was even coming back.  I remember thinking a5 the time he sounded angry.  Angry with whom?  He didn’t really say.  

16 minutes ago, shiznak said:

More or less the same, until we fix our defense.

IMHO our D is not that big of a problem. What I was seeing with Green was when we had the lead going into third. Green would blender lines of the forwards and D which caused players to lose position and confusion. We lost a number of games from this.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Ya it was. Because Benning was a yes man for Frankie.

Says who. Two people can have two directions and one has to lead the ship. That is why I do not like this GM by committee that the Canucks are going to run with. There isn't going to be a singular direction. 

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Cool. When you speculate, I can call it garbage.

Never said you can't criticize did I. Good job changing the argument because I never said that. My comment was about rights as an owner not about making a bacon phone. Keep trying though.

What even is your argument? That there needs to be some sort of smoking gun in order to prove something that everyone and their mother already knows is likely true before we can even discuss it?

Nobody is questioning Aqualini's rights to the team, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Says who. Two people can have two directions and one has to lead the ship. That is why I do not like this GM by committee that the Canucks are going to run with. There isn't going to be a singular direction. 

This is only temporary until they find a replacement. I'm glad they aren't going to rush it.

They should hire a president of hockey ops first though.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

What even is your argument? That there needs to be some sort of smoking gun in order to prove something that everyone and their mother already knows is likely true before we can even discuss it?

Nobody is questioning Aqualini's rights to the team, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

Many are. I got sick of hearing it

• Like 1

I’m really hoping for a mediocre fringe wild card team and lots of pathetic excuses why we can’t even achieve those lofty goals. 

im miss jim already 

Lol. 

Im hoping to see a team that shows up ready to play and doesn’t keep  other teams throwaway ahl plugs over its own superior prospects. a proven President and a Gm that actually has a clue how to build a team where excuses aren’t acceptable and a CUP is the goal not a wild card spot. 

This is first time in 8 season this team has shown any accountability for the massive amount of failures and mistakes. 
it’s a step in the right direction. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Many are. I got sick of hearing it

Who? People are certainly critical of how he runs things, even to the point of wishing him gone, but I have yet to see a single person actually question his ownership of the franchise or deem his the family's ownership illegitimate. 

But hey, I'm open to being wrong about that. If someone has actually questioned the legitimacy of his ownership of the Canucks, then, as someone on this board might say, prove it.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, combover said:

I’m really hoping for a mediocre fringe wild card team and lots of pathetic excuses why we can’t even achieve those lofty goals. 

im miss jim already 

Lol. 

Im hoping to see a team that shows up ready to play and doesn’t keep  other teams throwaway ahl plugs over its own superior prospects. a proven President and a Gm that actually has a clue how to build a team where excuses aren’t acceptable and a CUP is the goal not a wild card spot. 

This is first time in 8 season this team has shown any accountability for the massive amount of failures and mistakes. 

I was getting so detached, I couldn't get pumped up for games, would go to bed during the 2nd period and wouldn't even be excited if they won.

I'm pumped for tonight's game now.

It's amazing how deflated the fanbase was from Green, Jimbo and Co.

I know I'm not the only one 

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

What I want to see is ownership take the time to properly structure the organization and hire good qualified people, and would really like to see some diversity in hiring.  Is there not a woman qualified for AGM or GM with experienced POHO?

Would like to see the breakout fixed in a way that utilizes what we have, a left side D that can fly.  No more forwards receiving the puck standing still or hooking back but actually moving forward.

Would like to see the team tweaked in a way that adds some size to create room for our smaller skilled players.  Podz is a step in right direction but need what Jake was supposed to bring as well.

Some NHL centres, by my count we have 1, along with 3 converted wingers and Lammiko a centre but borderline NHL.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

What i expect?  Well if Bruce can get BB and EP going, i expect that it would kill our chances of selling at the TDL for once.   And that could very well happen. I don't expect, but wouldn't be surprised if BB and EP get their A game on, or even their average game on, that we end up .600 over the rest of this years season under Bruce B.    I also expect we won't have a new GM until after the seasons done.   And that we might not have a President (again)...if that happens might as well call Aquaman our President.   At least for now.  

What i'm hoping for?  A president that has as much experience in hockey as Bodreau has coaching.   Smyl would be fine really.   He's been around since before Benning and knows this teams operations.  But hope we find the best person available for the job, who's sole purpose is a cup.  Also hope for one trade right away that's for a LHD third pairing D that's good at penalty killing.   Lots of those and it wouldn't cost the farm either.   This would give everyone time to evaluate going forward.   I'm also hoping that this core is enough but doubt it is.   IF it does look like it's enough, as in we play say .700 hockey until the end of the year then don't change a thing.  IF it is not then make the tough choices and trade Miller, maybe Horvat too.   We won't be able to afford both anyways, and don't see the point in not going for a re-set on the rebuild.    I'd even consider tanking this season and doing it earlier.    

• Huggy Bear 1

46 minutes ago, combover said:

im miss jim already 

Lol. 

What would you do exactly though?   To make the team better.   And what are you expecting.  

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Prove they are meddling

It has been confirmed by several sources that FA pushed JB in a certain direction (playoffs at all costs vs. rebuild) for the specific reason mentioned in the article.   It's FA's team, so if it's meddling or not that's debatable,  but he did direct JB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecanuckway.com/2018/09/22/vancouver-canucks-ownership-wants-a-fast-rebuild-for-a-different-reason/amp/

My hope for the team is that we can regain a level of respectability on and off the ice. The spotlight is now squarely on the players to perform and the remainder ofthe season will likely be the last for some.

Although I thought the handling of these significant changes were reasonably well handled under the circumstances, I think the Canucks can do a better job of communications with their stakeholders, especially the fans.

I wish everyone involved the very best, cheers! 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1