The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte, do we really need him??

Rate this topic

86Viking

On 8/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, Canucks Curse said:

Tyler Motte, who needs him? No seriously which team does? which team needs to spend 2 mill/yr on an average/slightly above average 4th liner

I wouldn't say he's average, or even slightly above average. What he brings isn't just in points, but many intangibles. I would argue he's borderline elite as a 4th. His biggest issues right now are his durability, and the fact he's holding out for as much money as possible.

If the Canucks can offer him 1.2 mil and the most he’s getting offered is 1.5 he’d be smarter to take the Canucks deal.

Theres familiarity here and this is where he really broke out. No doubt he’d get a key role again here. Sometimes more important than a few extra hundred grand.

• Like 1

4-5 teams have shown serious interest in signing former Canucks forward Tyler Motte but financials still need to be worked out as some teams are looking to move other salaries out.

Its a common theme around the NHL, so many agents waiting for teams to clear cap space.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1ss3v49

On 8/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, NHL97OneTimer said:

Would like to see Motte back.  Not sure why he isn't under contract yet.....has he totally declined since the trade?  

He’d be signed already if the cap had continued to rise like it did pre covid. Flat cap has made it extremely difficult for quality bottom six players. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 2:24 PM, awalk said:

I think we might be surprised with the level of player that takes PTO this year 

We’re getting pretty late into the offseason, and still no contract.

He still may get one but I’m thinking his agent overvalued how much teams were willing to pay.

Id still gladly bring him back at 1-1.2 mil on a multi year.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We’re getting pretty late into the offseason, and still no contract.

He still may get one but I’m thinking his agent overvalued how much teams were willing to pay.

Id still gladly bring him back at 1-1.2 mil on a multi year.

I wonder what happened here? why didn't the Rangers want to keep him?

23 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I wonder what happened here? why didn't the Rangers want to keep him?

They have $1,008,531 left in cap space; with 22 of 23 spots filled according to Capfriendly.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

I'd say Motte wants more clams than that.

He is really hoping a team will give him some juice.

Edited by gurn
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, gurn said:

They have $1,008,531 left in cap space; with 22 of 23 spots filled according to Capfriendly.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

I'd say Motte wants more clams than that.

He is really hoping a team will give him some juice.

Gotta wonder if the offers from contenders are only a mil if he would consider coming back to the Canucks.

Come back to where he really made a name for himself and try and finish what he started with his teammates.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1