The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Flyers fire Alain Vigneault, Mike Yeo named replacement.

Rate this topic

AV.

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

If only we waited another day, we could have had AV back!

I'm glad he we didn't, I've got fond memories of that time too but some things are best left in the past. Different time, different team, it wouldn't be the same. 

We don't have the hall of fame caliber twins anymore, having Boudreau around to try and coax offense out of the entire team is the better choice imo. 

I like AV, I respect AV, but I didn't want a rookie or a retread.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Apricot said:

Travis Green unemployment era isn’t gonna last long

Disagree. If he gets an NHL job offer it will be as an assistant I'd suspect. AHL head coach maybe 

Av though will be back sooner but I'd think next year as barring something new in the NHL I think with the cancuks , Canadians and flyers changing coaches now the next round of firings will be at the end of this regular season 

14 minutes ago, mll said:

Not goaltending.  Their defensive play has been particularly poor:

Considering they gutted their defense this summer and brought in a bunch of offensive minded guys that are known for questionable defense, I can't say I'm surprised. I think this skid it more a reflection on the GM than on coaching. 

As for AV, maybe he goes back to Montreal now?

9 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Considering they gutted their defense this summer and brought in a bunch of offensive minded guys that are known for questionable defense, I can't say I'm surprised. I think this skid it more a reflection on the GM than on coaching. 

As for AV, maybe he goes back to Montreal now?

They struggled just as much last season and missed the playoffs.  Fletcher tried to improve the D-corps in the off-season.

Ryan Ellis is a legit top pairing D but he is unfortunately injured and only played 4 games.  The analytics community has been skeptical about Ristolainen though. 

Gostisbehere had been on the trade block for a while and he too was an offensive D.   Philippe Myers is now a healthy scratch in Nashville as they work with him on the details of his game.  

Edited by mll

12 minutes ago, mll said:

They struggled just as much last season and missed the playoffs.  Fletcher tried to improve the D-corps in the off-season.

Ryan Ellis is a legit top pairing D but he is unfortunately injured and only played 4 games.  The analytics community has been skeptical about Ristolainen though. 

Gostisbehere had been on the trade block for a while and he too was an offensive D.   Philippe Myers is now a healthy scratch in Nashville as they work with him on the details of his game.  

I was also thinking Yandle. Was a good player, but getting old and has also never really been known for his defensive play.

When you change over half the d-corp (also brought in Nick Seeler who admittedly I know nothing about) there's bound to be some chemistry issues as well.