The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 06, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, but unlike Green who is known for his dreadful bag drill, Boudreau looks like he's gotten his players on track, despite Green failing to do so for all these games.

I get that it's only one game, but this one game is far better than whatever Green had come up with up to this point in the season.

BB had them for 1 morning skate... limited how much he can have changed any systems in that time...

Its more likely the change itself, is what revitalised the players. A change was needed as the players were losing belief in it all.

If you do anything in life, and there aren't any positive results from it, it would be hard to continue believing in it...

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, mordekai said:

So juolevi would still be on this team if boudrea was in charge at the start of the season???

Maybe yes, maybe no....

The bag skate was probably, what in Greens mind, sealed Juolevis faith...

Probably the disappointment/frustration of him not trying harder to be up to speed as a player trying to get on to the team...

Think Green dropped the ball there... Playing Rathbone was a bad move by Green and backfired on him. Team not strong enough on the back end defensively on PK etc.

Who knows if Boudreau would have worked more with him...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm excited to see how the Canucks approach the Bruins tomorrow. Shartstain will be back from his suspension. I'd like to think that under Boudreau, this team will maintain their aggressive play and that Marchand will be given the proper treatment that he deserves by the team. 

The days of turning the other cheek are hopefully over.

One can only hope.... It could be a day to remember...

11 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Regarding the post mortem, 

Did JB fire Green, upsetting AQ who then fired JB?

Did AQ fire Green, upsetting JB who said if he goes I go too?

Did AQ tell Smyi to go fire one of them and he accidentally fired both?

Did AQ fire JB, and JB retaliated in firing Green?

Did Green challenge AQ, saying I'm not going anywhere! Thus AQ telling JB to fire that sob, and JB was too loyal, hesitated too much, so AQ fired both? 

Sounds like my grandson asking questions :lol:

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

Didn't tweet how grateful he was to both Travis Green and "Bomber" coming in as a 19 year old kid from Michigan, and getting instant trust to go out there and do it.   Part of the video.   Suppose that's why social media is so amazing though.  Pick one thing for one narrative and ignore the rest.   I'm happy we have change.   Let's see what Bruce can do. 

Agree 100%... pick on choose

Also, what was he going to say? that he thought Boudreau teams sucked? -_-

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

The d looked completely different with Shaw in charge.

I owe the guy an apology. Was starting to be on the fence about his capabilities since we haven’t seen any improvement this year. Little did I know the job he was hired for he didn’t actually get to do. If this is how we play under his guidance sign me up for a decade of Shaw.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Have I mentioned that I effing love Boudreau already?    

This guy could be a godsend for us.   

WHY WASN'T GREEN DOING THIS KIND OF STUFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Well, that’s the golden question isn’t it?

• Haha 1

I know why pety is pissed. Green was si stubborn of not allowing petey,Miller,Hughes and hogs on the pk it was because pety was reading on the subject how to pk...  it's called the power kill where your most gifted offensive players kill the penalty, put pressure on other teams pp and be in there end of the rink instead of ours.. good read  it's what shaw implements and also walker....

https://novacapsfans-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/novacapsfans.com/2020/02/19/the-anatomy-of-a-power-kill-a-session-report-from-the-columbus-blue-jackets-analytics-conference/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16389616802158&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fnovacapsfans.com%2F2020%2F02%2F19%2Fthe-anatomy-of-a-power-kill-a-session-report-from-the-columbus-blue-jackets-analytics-conference%2F

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

I know why pety is pissed. Green was si stubborn of not allowing petey,Miller,Hughes and hogs on the pk it was because pety was reading on the subject how to pk...  it's called the power kill where your most gifted offensive players kill the penalty, put pressure on other teams pp and be in there end of the rink instead of ours.. good read  it's what shaw implements and also walker....

https://novacapsfans-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/novacapsfans.com/2020/02/19/the-anatomy-of-a-power-kill-a-session-report-from-the-columbus-blue-jackets-analytics-conference/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16389616802158&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fnovacapsfans.com%2F2020%2F02%2F19%2Fthe-anatomy-of-a-power-kill-a-session-report-from-the-columbus-blue-jackets-analytics-conference%2F

It's why I also believe Bure was making  the pk.. he was fast gets plenty of breakaways...  I'm also thinking that's what BB wants to woek on as well... greens pk does not forecheck. They stand there stagnant and block shots. And wave there sticks around...  it's like pilons with mechanical hands moving left and right. Power play training for the other team to dish out as many shots as possible on  man advantage!! Its how tanman, elder gets most or maybe all there injuries from...

5 hours ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Well what do I know then. Go figure. 

That's still not Hirsch's only bad take though for sure.

Oh man when he filled in for cheech I literally cringed at some of his comments, like when he made that comment to shortie about shortie thinking he's crazy and the awkward response by shortie, took the cake.

His delivery always seems forced and at the wrong time and the verbs he uses often seem like the wrong choice.

3 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I owe the guy an apology. Was starting to be on the fence about his capabilities since we haven’t seen any improvement this year. Little did I know the job he was hired for he didn’t actually get to do. If this is how we play under his guidance sign me up for a decade of Shaw.

Yeah. I thought he has been running the d too, cause thats what he was hired for. Green changed things up.

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Oh man when he filled in for cheech I literally cringed at some of his comments, like when he made that comment to shortie about shortie thinking he's crazy and the awkward response by shortie, took the cake.

His delivery always seems forced and at the wrong time and the verbs he uses often seem like the wrong choice.

Hirsch seemed like a natural and a breathe of fresh air.  His humour is dry, which usually only intelligent ppl will understand.  Cheech while i like him a lot, has never made me laugh.