The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Scott Harrington, Brendan Perlini

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

we need 2 right shot top 4 defensemen that play defense like kevin bieksa and pass the puck like paul reinhart. then look out world.

Or... with a booming shot like Sami Salo in his prime!! Right now we just don't have a guy like that on PP!

We also need a big tough winger and a decent 2-way right handed centre!

11 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Mitchell, Bieksa, Ohlund and Jovo with Hughes and OEL now.  What a D corp that would be.  Definitely need one or two to play on their offside. 

0C9942F8-EF17-42E8-B528-3F1AA6BA8133.jpeg

One Mitchell would do for me for now.

Fixing the top 4 RHD is hard and I don't expect a quick solution.

But please, go find an LD that can shut down and do PK well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, appleboy said:

Perlini has size and skates well. Should be more useable then Chiasson.

At least Chiasson smartly uses his size and can stay in the NHL and be versatile. Also has a cup ring. **** that guy gets a lot of hate but he’s no less effective than Brandon Sutter.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 2

3 hours ago, BPA said:

I'd wait to see how Boudreau deploys the team for a few more games.  Then he can advise the GMs (Smyl and co) he wants and dislikes.

^^^This.  Smyl said that they're taking 2 weeks to evaluate who they have already and how they're fitting in with the new coach and systems.  Then they'll be deciding what to do with the roster if anything.  FWIW Aquilini likes to do a mid season review every Christmas break

2 hours ago, ZH96 said:

At least Chiasson smartly uses his size and can stay in the NHL and be versatile. Also has a cup ring. **** that guy gets a lot of hate but he’s no less effective than Brandon Sutter.

sutter wins faceoffs and kills penalties and brings a loud and popular voice to the room. chiasson chips in a goal once every 7 games. 

1 hour ago, tas said:

sutter wins faceoffs and kills penalties and brings a loud and popular voice to the room. chiasson chips in a goal once every 7 games. 

Chiasson brings far more size and far more durability, (Sutter is always injured) and now is out with COVID lungs and probably done playing. Chiasson also scores more, is a lot more physical, can PK almost as well, can play net-front PP master, has a Stanley Cup winning voice, and is very much effective in the room just like Sutter. A big reason Chiasson was signed is because of the loss of Sutter in the locker room. Also Chiasson has been playing very well lately. Just like players like Motte in Vancouver; Chiasson does things that go unappreciated. In Montreal he started multiple O-zone cycles and was stripping the puck off the D down low. In Ottawa he proved my point of the perfect PP net-front player and banged home a goal. Last night against L.A. he was a +1 and played the same way I described as his game in Montreal; he also was the most physical I’ve seen him yet. He hurt himself near the end of the game due to how hard he was playing. Thankfully he didn’t sustain an injury. Chiasson also has 3 points in his last 9 games.

Edited by ZH96
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

On 12/7/2021 at 4:53 PM, ZH96 said:

Chiasson, until recently, played pretty poorly under Green..

Along with everybody else.

But wait, weren't you incessantly defending Green before, while bashing Benning?

Lmfao. You can't even follow your own logic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 9:00 PM, ZH96 said:

Chiasson brings far more size and far more durability, (Sutter is always injured) and now is out with COVID lungs and probably done playing. Chiasson also scores more, is a lot more physical, can PK almost as well, can play net-front PP master, has a Stanley Cup winning voice, and is very much effective in the room just like Sutter. A big reason Chiasson was signed is because of the loss of Sutter in the locker room. Also Chiasson has been playing very well lately. Just like players like Motte in Vancouver; Chiasson does things that go unappreciated. In Montreal he started multiple O-zone cycles and was stripping the puck off the D down low. In Ottawa he proved my point of the perfect PP net-front player and banged home a goal. Last night against L.A. he was a +1 and played the same way I described as his game in Montreal; he also was the most physical I’ve seen him yet. He hurt himself near the end of the game due to how hard he was playing. Thankfully he didn’t sustain an injury. Chiasson also has 3 points in his last 9 games.

Chiasson was also gifted #1 pp time by Green, yet Green couldn't get him to improve the PP.

So how can you continue to defend Green?

You have a big tendency to defend the limited scope people, and praise these people to high heavens. Good god, you were practically predicting that Juulsen was gonna be a sure fire guy, even though he only had 1 pt in 16 games in the AHL.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Chiasson, until recently, played pretty poorly under Green..

Along with everybody else.

But wait, weren't you incessantly defending Green before, while bashing Benning?

Lmfao. You can't even follow your own logic.

I gotta hand it to you. You are a very good manipulator. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

I gotta hand it to you. You are a very good manipulator. 

Despite your apparent exposure to hockey, you choose to defend a poor record AHL coach who has barely shown any semblance of structure. Meanwhile, you're unable to explain how an EXPERIENCED coach could maximize the exact same players that Green used.

Lawls.