The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 8, 2021 Boston Bruins (12-8-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (9-15-2) at 6pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

As bad as the Pens game went if the boys find a way tonight that would be 4 wins in 5 games with their next two games at home against teams on the back half of back-to-backs again.
After last game I expect the rink to be absolutely rocking. Can’t wait for this one, LFG boys!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

The stars are aligning.  

Boudreau

Walker

the Sedins

Steamer getting emotional, showing his love for the team 

Happy players

This is a group that could potentially win it all. Sure, they could upgrade on a #3C and a Dman, and maybe they will.

This is a new era, a re-start of sorts. I feel like they're going to go on a run.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

40 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Based on our record I have no right to feel this way but I think we pound them tonight!

Hockey more than any sport imo is influenced by things that can't be quantified by analytics.

There has been so much bad vibes and pro-longed slumps and it sucked the confidence and swagger away but anyone with a pulse and eyes could see and feel the difference the last couple of days.

Everyone got a reset and for me anyway I think the floodgates open up sooner than later.

When this team is firing on all cylinders they can compete with anyone and when you combine that with a bunch of key guys busting out at the same time (hopefully) while playing a style better suited to them and perhaps most importantly just being happy in a positive environment, could lead to a game like we saw the last time Boston was here.

A win today will make it an 8 point gain on the Oilers in the last 5 games cutting their lead in half.

I reference them because for me that's the team I think is going to spiral, they had a great start and a very soft schedule but no Smith and a tough schedule, for me makes them the team most likely to plummet, plus I really dislike their fans lol. 

This is how I feel as well. I thought we were progressing to be a great team until I felt the players had outgrown their Coach. I don't know why it took so long for them to realize this. I think it will take them awhile to get back to where they were but I see them getting progressively better as the season goes on. We definitely look like we are a "TEAM" again and yes you can see and feel the difference for sure.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The stars are aligning.  

Boudreau

Walker

the Sedins

Steamer getting emotional, showing his love for the team 

Happy players

This is a group that could potentially win it all. Sure, they could upgrade on a #3C and a Dman, and maybe they will.

This is a new era, a re-start of sorts. I feel like they're going to go on a run.

I was impressed with Dickenson's last game. Will watch him tonight with great interest. If BB can get his game turned around then lets go. My gut tells me that Sutter isn't coming back. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I was impressed with Dickenson's last game. Will watch him tonight with great interest. If BB can get his game turned around then lets go. My gut tells me that Sutter isn't coming back. 

I felt the same about Dickinson, he was better. I think the whole team may have been better, except for Hoglander. He had a rough one, but hard to complain after a 4-0 win. Agree about Sutter, and I think they'll make a trade for another C.

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

He looked pretty good, but I think he should stay on the wing.  We still need a checking center.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1