The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 8, 2021 Boston Bruins (12-8-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (9-15-2) at 6pm on Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

12 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

100% agree, Dickinson was great.

Im not sure we'll make a trade for a 3C if Boudreau continues with the lines he had last night. If he thinks EP can center a line, then we've got EP, Horvat, Miller, all centering lines.
Lamikko looked like a brilliant 4C. 

EP was surprisingly pretty good in the faceoff circle, hopefully not a fluke. 

I'd love a move though for a top-4 defenseman. Then in the next couple years we've got Woo who plays physical and defensive.. I think our blue line is going to be pretty solid when that happens. 

Lammiko is a decent 4th liner, but we still need another; a good faceoff RH C would be perfect. The sooner Chaisson sees the pressbox the better! Hopefully Podz takes his spot on the PP tonight; well deserved.

I think our Blue line is pretty solid right now; Schenn/Burroughs/A Call up (Rathbone please) in commitee as  the 3rd Pair LD. Our D was weak with antivax Hamonic's antics. IF he had been available from day one 100% of the time, they would have looked even better. HUNT, IMHO, should never see the ice.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Im not sure we'll make a trade for a 3C if Boudreau continues with the lines he had last night. If he thinks EP can center a line, then we've got EP, Horvat, Miller, all centering lines.

I'd love a move though for a top-4 defenseman. Then in the next couple years we've got Woo who plays physical and defensive.. I think our blue line is going to be pretty solid when that happens. 

Thanks many-e'd ergh*, finally some love for the Big Finn (Lammikko)!

I tried to capture his big roar for the GDT but am technologically lost in The Forgotten Works.

Can somebody do that? 

Put up a gif maybe of that roar he let out once he finally scored?

I have liked him from the time we got him, good speed, good size, great attitude (everybody loves him), and he eases the pain of losing a first-round-pick-defenceman (Juolevi).

I was just about as noisy as he was when he scored (my wife gave me marchand for raising the roof).

*Normally, I would say, thanks man, but these times teach us to be better with these things.

Its a huge habit with me, like calling a mixed group guys, and all kinds of other dinosaur droppings.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Woo is someone I'm really excited for.  I think he makes the team next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

You know, I knew we were bad this season. But I haven't seen the record all year til this chap put the record in the title. Now I can see just how bad we are/were. I did not like that. Cause I know it looks pretty much like we're toast. But I also don't want to cheer for the tank. Just go out and play hard. I am tired of losing. F the tank, even though I dunno how likely it is to dig outta this hole.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This should be a good test for us. The Bruins haven’t played since last Saturday and this is Marchand’s first game back after his suspension.

With Boudreau as our coach, this may feel like a playoff game.

so wouldnt this be marchand's first back to back games against the canucks since 2011 finals?

This will be all about character now.

Have the hunch that bringing Walker in as coach will prove to be Boudreau's smartest move of all.

No pouting allowed with either of these two.

One'd embarrass ya for it, the other'd be the nightmare in your dreams of ever sulking again.

Bruce's first comments after practice was that he could teach away any of the faults he had just seen.

Win or lose, it'll be wonderful watching him go to work.

Following games again via cdc.  What a blast the LA game was on here.       

And Steamer's 'this is my team" poke?  A fanbase's GM, if ever there was. 

He went n grabbed our team back for us, didn't he.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Thanks many-e'd ergh*, finally some love for the Big Finn (Lammikko)!

I tried to capture his big roar for the GDT but am technologically lost in The Forgotten Works.

Can somebody do that? 

Put up a gif maybe of that roar he let out once he finally scored?

I have liked him from the time we got him, good speed, good size, great attitude (everybody loves him), and he eases the pain of losing a first-round-pick-defenceman (Juolevi).

I was just about as noisy as he was when he scored (my wife gave me marchand for raising the roof).

*Normally, I would say, thanks man, but these times teach us to be better with these things.

Its a huge habit with me, like calling a mixed group guys, and all kinds of other dinosaur droppings.

FBC38097-7CB7-4904-B2FA-80CA21BDFF99.gif

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1