The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Myers to Montreal for Toffoli

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Good grief...people need to just get off the Myers crap bandwagon.   And this aged terribly, both with Myers the last couple games and no OEL/Hamonic, and also, well Toffoli out for two months lol.   5 years at 6 for what he brings was never a bad deal, even before covid.   Edler bashers seemed to eventually stop out of respect, wonder when they will do the same for Myers...in 2.5 years i'm betting we will be hoping he re-signs. 

My point was, and is, that Myers makes zero sense for a rebuilding team.  Rebuilding teams don’t trade for 31 year old $6m D with 3 years of term left. Especially when they’re already over the cap and the deal has them taking on an extra $1.75m cap 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

My point was, and is, that Myers makes zero sense for a rebuilding team.  Rebuilding teams don’t trade for 31 year old $6m D with 3 years of term left. Especially when they’re already over the cap and the deal has them taking on an extra $1.75m cap 

Gotcha. 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Also could get a better defenseman at that cap hit in FA. I like Myers but you can sign Larsson's/Tanev's for 4-4.5M.

If you retain though different story.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

On 12/8/2021 at 12:27 PM, JM_ said:

don't care what Montreal needs, they are going to suck for a very long time.

what a ridiculous way to discuss a trade

lets just make a one sided trade thread

I'll start 

Chiasson for McDavid

why Vancouver do it, cuz McD is good

why Edmonton do it, who cares

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

what a ridiculous way to discuss a trade

lets just make a one sided trade thread

I'll start 

Chiasson for McDavid

why Vancouver do it, cuz McD is good

why Edmonton do it, who cares

its what happens when discussing trades with someone who is a fan of another team first.

• Like 1

Man will the Toffoli love please just stop. Only thing he's good at, and it's not board work or "playing a heavy game" ... that would be Anderson in MTL... it's finding a seem where no defenseman is, and banging in a rebound or when the net is wide open.    Out for 8 weeks.   I said it a million times - never seen such a love affair for a player who was barely with us.

And Myers absolutely plays a more important role.   Hogs plays a heavier hard more effort game.   Just lacks the finish.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

100% @JM_

Only fans of the Habs would be in favour of this deal.  In all fandom honesty I can’t think of even one Hab player I’d trade Myers for.  

the way Myers is playing under Bruce I'd trade him for Suzuki, but otherwise meh, they can keep their perimeter smurfs and MIA 5.5 mil  "power forward" bust Anderson.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Man will the Toffoli love please just stop. Only thing he's good at, and it's not board work or "playing a heavy game" ... that would be Anderson in MTL... it's finding a seem where no defenseman is, and banging in a rebound or when the net is wide open.    Out for 8 weeks.   I said it a million times - never seen such a love affair for a player who was barely with us.

And Myers absolutely plays a more important role.   Hogs plays a heavier hard more effort game.   Just lacks the finish.  

Anderson isn't very effective imo, certainly not a difference maker. CBJ knew what they were doing on that one.

The whole Toffoli love in is fascinating. For a guy that played 17  games for us he's sure sunk into the lore. Its like we traded Neely all over again.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Anderson isn't very effective imo, certainly not a difference maker. CBJ knew what they were doing on that one.

The whole Toffoli love in is fascinating. For a guy that played 17  games for us he's sure sunk into the lore. Its like we traded Neely all over again.

Not sure about Anderson, sure love to watch him play, he's tough on the boards, doesn't shy away at all but actually engages in the physical play which is why i brought him up.   He's a playoff guy more then and regular season one for sure.   Watch those Vegas games again.... at the time so much love given to Tyler Toffoli (and yes apologist/lovers bring up his ankle etc) but before and after and Pearson too for that matter - are as soft as pie compared to anyone i've watched play in the 80's-90's and that would actually include Travis Green lol (seriously they are).   It for sure is fascinating.   They've been awfully quite this year.   Wonder if Tanev will play all 82 games this year ... so far 72 is his high water mark.   If he goes down, which historically he always does maybe that love affair might also die down a little.   Same as Markstrom but i love both those guys, they were warriors for us and didn't play a dozen games or so for us either, 

What TT and Pearson will do is go to the side of the net - and they also have elite shots both of them.   Both made a career with the opportunistic element to their game.   I brought up Anderson because he does play a game like many said TT does and even Pearson during the bubble and before.   I personally saw little evidence of it.    The only guys i saw that could take the abuse and give it back we're Myers, Edler and Motte.   That's it.    Sad but true. 

• Vintage 1