The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We need to address something as Canucks fans

Rate this topic

MikeyD

Do you wanna know why this team doesn't hit? 

It's because everytime they sacrifice their bodies, it's to the sound of absolute silence from the fans. The people that show up to games should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. How do you pay that much for a ticket, watch the boys put in the effort to finish their checks these past couple games and keep your mouth shut? 

This isn't a church it's a damn hockey game! Support your boys with some type of audible noise or stay home! 

Now that the team doesn't suck, I have to direct my anger somewhere else. And that's right, you guessed it... 

You suck! Use your mouths! 

Don't use your mouths for sucking, use it for cheering! At least during game time! 

Be better! 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Don't use your mouths for sucking, use it for cheering! At least during game time! 

Be better! 

Yes and don’t forget to use your mouth for swallowing.

Edited by Odd.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We already threw a jersey on the ice and got 4 people fired the very next day.  How much more work do the fans have to do?

that's exactly the attitude OP is talking about i think. very lazy, passive and entitled attitude. if you don't like the way the team plays, that's fine, but then don't go to their games. if you're there, support the team, because that's what they need right now to turn things around. Rogers arena is embarrassingly quiet sometimes. Against LA the team had a solid PP shift, with 4 or 5 chances, they put a tremendous pressure on the Kings for almost all of the 2 mins. I expected a huge roar from the crowd once the play was stopped, but it was quiet like a library. The team had an awesome 2 mins shift and the crowd gave them nothing. That wouldn't have happened in Winnipeg or Montreal. But I don't care about those teams, I'm just telling this because there's room to improve for our home crowd.

and don't kid yourself, people were not fired because a drunken idiot threw a jersey on the ice. Boudreau was "hired" like a week before that, it was made obvious in one of his interviews. and even if the jersey toss was the real reason, how is that "work?"

Edited by Rubik
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, MikeyD said:

The Office Thats GIF

Jokes aside, I think the Canucks need to trade for (or pick off the waiver wire) some more physical players who provide that type of game. The former clown of a head coach seemed to not value that at all.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Office Thats GIF

Jokes aside, I think the Canucks need to trade for (or pick off the waiver wire) some more physical players who provide that type of game. The former clown of a head coach seemed to not value that at all.

IMO, these games are essentially an audition to see how Boudreau can and should deploy certain players.

I have a feeling he is going to request certain changes within this area that he feels don't 'fit'... Move out some pieces for a bit more sandpaper and grit for more of a crash and bang bottom 6.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

IMO, these games are essentially an audition to see how Boudreau can and should deploy certain players.

I have a feeling he is going to request certain changes within this area that he feels don't 'fit'... Move out some pieces for a bit more sandpaper and grit for more of a crash and bang bottom 6.

For sure. I love the shift if how the team plays two games in with Bruce. They seemed near dead with Green and are now awoken and alive.

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Rubik said:

that's exactly the attitude OP is talking about i think. very lazy, passive and entitled attitude. if you don't like the way the team plays, that's fine, but then don't go to their games. if you're there, support the team, because that's what they need right now to turn things around. Rogers arena is embarrassingly quiet sometimes. Against LA the team had a solid PP shift, with 4 or 5 chances, they put a tremendous pressure on the Kings for almost all of the 2 mins. I expected a huge roar from the crowd once the play was stopped, but it was quiet like a library. The team had an awesome 2 mins shift and the crowd gave them nothing. That wouldn't have happened in Winnipeg or Montreal. But I don't care about those teams, I'm just telling this because there's room to improve for our home crowd.

and don't kid yourself, people were not fired because a drunken idiot threw a jersey on the ice. Boudreau was "hired" like a week before that, it was made obvious in one of his interviews. and even if the jersey toss was the real reason, how is that "work?"

Have a Snickers, dude.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Office Thats GIF

I heard DiGuseppe is a solid hitter, let's try him on the 4th line.