The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

thin D got thinner

Rate this topic

dr.naughtypants

Hamonic looked pretty hurt as he was making his way to the dressing room. OEL will hopefully return next game, so we should be alright. Right? lol

After that, who's next in line to play? The lack of depth on D is scary when you look at what's on the farm. Rathbone? Woo? 

I imagine the new GM regime is about to go to work.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The more aggressive forecheck from the forwards will help out the D a bit but yeah you see moments where we're asking too much of certain guys. 

Rat boy hurting Hamonic in a non call which was interference would have happened playing any style. Its Rat boy afterall

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Rat boy hurting Hamonic in a non call which was interference would have happened playing any style. Its Rat boy afterall

Oh yeah. Too bad we lack any sort of players with toughness and pushback besides Schenn who's a good 7th on a good team.

I am just saying BB's coaching style where the forwards start attacking in the opposing zone instead of waiting for them to come to us will help our weaker D out. I was seeing the Bruins/Kings have to throw the puck away because they didn't have good plays on the rush which made it easy for our D to just retrieve and move the puck up the ice in transition. Our forwards were causing most of the pressure and doing most of the work when it was successful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dr.naughtypants said:

friggin Rat Boy always messes us up

I wish someone just kneed that jerk. Hopefully Trouba gives him a nice shoulder to the jaw hit. This guy is so sneaky dirty that its surprising to see him not get suspended more often. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Oh yeah. Too bad we lack any sort of players with toughness and pushback besides Schenn who's a good 7th on a good team.

I am just saying BB's coaching style where the forwards start attacking in the opposing zone instead of waiting for them to come to us will help our weaker D out. I was seeing the Bruins/Kings have to throw the puck away because they didn't have good plays on the rush which made it easy for our D to just retrieve and move the puck up the ice in transition. Our forwards were causing most of the pressure and doing most of the work when it was successful.

Yep, the Canucks are more aggressive under Bruce and there is less of that dump and chase 

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Yep, the Canucks are more aggressive under Bruce and there is less of that dump and chase 

He is helping keep it stupid simple with our D too with the high flips when under pressure in our own zone which is probably the right call with this D-core too. Gotta do what you gotta do with what you got. Only Hughes/OEL can make good outlet passes consistently.

1 hour ago, dr.naughtypants said:

Hamonic looked pretty hurt as he was making his way to the dressing room. OEL will hopefully return next game, so we should be alright. Right? lol

After that, who's next in line to play? The lack of depth on D is scary when you look at what's on the farm. Rathbone? Woo? 

Looks like Benning and the legacy left got the last laugh 

5d5caa63023d161873149f8ejpeg.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Hamonic was having a really good game was a little worried when he limped off.

Hunt probably gets a chance under a new coach before they go dipping into Abby

I do wonder if we could develop Rathbone in Abby to play on his off side right side. Guy has a wicked slapper which would be primed for use

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, goblix said:

Hamonic was having a really good game was a little worried when he limped off.

Hunt probably gets a chance under a new coach before they go dipping into Abby

I do wonder if we could develop Rathbone in Abby to play on his off side right side. Guy has a wicked slapper which would be primed for use

Hunt was pretty much a 3rd pairing regular under Boudreau in Minnesota.   Not that there were better options - Pateryn was injured for most of that season and the other D on the roster was Seeler.