The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Jim Rutherford as president & interim GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

He also isn’t really known for trading core players.

Correct. He’ll definitely find ways to bolster our team depending on how long he’s interim GM but either way, he has a core to work with. 

This team realistically is missing a couple of pieces. A top flight right handed defenseman, a right handed centerman, and some overall team toughness. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Many are stupid

I've said this more than once.  One Cup win as a GM, you can attribute that as a fluke.  TWO, for DIFFERENT teams, it defies logical reasoning to call both a fluke imho.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA 

Just wait till the first trade. The very first trade.

This is Chiarelli 2.0. 

I honestly cannot CANNOT believe it. This is exactly why i didn't want to fire Benning. Wow... Just wow.

Rutherford apprehensions are fine, but he's far, far clear of Benning.  Like, night and day better.  That's how bad Benning was lol.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA 

This is Chiarelli 2.0. 

I honestly cannot CANNOT believe it. This is exactly why i didn't want to fire Benning. Wow... Just wow.

He's not the GM... he's the President

Top young players aside, the Benning Era was probably the least successful Era in Canucks history.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA 

This is Chiarelli 2.0. 

I have some concerns but he’s the President not the GM. If he was hired as both id be freaking out too. I just don’t wanna see a trade till we have a GM that’s all.

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I’m fine with Jim Rutherford being President but am not entirely keen on him being a GM.  I’ll have to look up his history a bit more but my initial gut feeling is that he made a number of questionable moves as a GM in Pittsburgh.

three cups in Pittsburgh.  He knows what the top guys on a team have to be to win.  He will know if we have those guys in Petey, Hughes, Bess, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Agreed. Excited to see who they find to work under him.

These are all significant changes. 

Who you think it's going to be Phil? My money is on one of Miller or Boeser....long shot, Horvat.

I'd prefer none of the above, but if I had to guess, it would be Miller. 

Though I think that comes later, deadline or summer. Something like Miller, Rathbone and Poolman packaged for a #2 RD and a 3C would be a-ok in my books. Downgrade the F, upgrade the D. Was hoping NYI's would be better this year and they'd be all in enough to maybe shake lose Dobson and Czikas in that scenario. But alas...

Right now, I'd just be happy if they find us a defensive 3LD with some size and snarl. Someone like McNabb. He is expiring...but VGK probably makes playoffs at this rate and they keep him for a run. (Perhaps take a run at him this summer?) 

I think Ekblad or Parayko are the targets. If you're offering Miller, Boner, and Pooler :lol:, that's the type of player you could get back. 

I would like to see if they can pry Manson free of Anaheim's mousy clutches.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA 

This is Chiarelli 2.0. 

He isn't the GM lol. 

Also he has built 3 teams to win cups 

We have the core, now we need to put the right secondary pieces in place to really put it together

While i would have preferred Lombardi I am still hopeful we can land Mc Farland in the GM role. we need some new blood in the system. Boudreau is an excellent coach. Rutherford is just an Ok POHO We really need the GM to be a winner. Having experience in the roles is vital to winning a championship. We have it in spades so far