The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thread for those who disagree with the Rutherford hire

Rate this topic

MaxVerstappen33

1 hour ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We still have a small chance that he won't touch any of the controls. And it doesn't sound like you want him close to them either.

Weird hill to die on ? I mildly supported Benning and took arrows for it. I supported Gillis and Nonis too. Why ? Because they weren't gun slinger GM's. 

Rutherford is actually qualified to be a GM, unlike Gillis.

At the  very end of the podcast, Nick Kypreos asks why they hired JR. EVERYTHING you need to know about Jimmy and the next 3 years is revealed in this clip. Starts at around 33 mins 

"JR is a win now guy. After looking at this lineup , he will try and make some moves to win now. Jimmy is not a start over guy. Jimmy will look at it like he looked at Pittsburgh" :picard:

"Boeser and Petterson aren't Gino and Crosby. But they are to Jimmy now" :picard::picard::picard:

He also implies that his GM will just be a pencil pusher. The hockey decisions will be JR's.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zaW1wbGVjYXN0LmNvbS80alhCT1dnWQ/episode/OGMxNDNiOTctNjU1OC00YmQ2LWJiMzYtYjdmMzJhODkzZDhm?ep=14

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Wat 1

I wish people realize JR is not the GM!   He’s the president of hockey operations.  He’s not going to be selling the farm, or trading all of our core players for milk and cookies.   
He’s going to hire a gm to deal with all that.

All I’m reading across the net is “say goodbye to your team Vancouver” Or “ bye bye draft picks”.  

Edited by sassbs

40 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

At the  very end of the podcast, Nick Kypreos asks why they hired JR. EVERYTHING you need to know about Jimmy and the next 3 years is revealed in this clip. Starts at around 33 mins 

"JR is a win now guy. After looking at this lineup , he will try and make some moves to win now. Jimmy is not a start over guy. Jimmy will look at it like he looked at Pittsburgh" :picard:

"Boeser and Petterson aren't Gino and Crosby. But they are to Jimmy now" :picard::picard::picard:

He also implies that his GM will just be a pencil pusher. The hockey decisions will be JR's.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zaW1wbGVjYXN0LmNvbS80alhCT1dnWQ/episode/OGMxNDNiOTctNjU1OC00YmQ2LWJiMzYtYjdmMzJhODkzZDhm?ep=14

Yeah, because Kyrpreos is known for conducting himself with professionalism.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I wish people realize JR is not the GM!   He’s the president of hockey operations.  He’s not going to be selling the farm, or trading all of our core players for milk and cookies.   
He’s going to hire a gm to deal with all that.

All I’m reading across the net is “say goodbye to your team Vancouver” Or “ bye bye draft picks”.  

Aqualini wants to win, and he gave Benning the green light to be active and try to win. He hired JR to do the same, so I think it's safe to say that that's what he's going to try and do is make trades to try and win. It's a little concerning for lots of fans that quick deals will be made that won't work and yet set the team back for years to come. 

44 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Nick Kypreos is basically laughing at how aggressive Jimmy Rutherford will be. I think Rathbone and our 1st will be gone this year.

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Aqualini wants to win, and he gave Benning the green light to be active and try to win. He hired JR to do the same, so I think it's safe to say that that's what he's going to try and do is make trades to try and win. It's a little concerning for lots of fans that quick deals will be made that won't work and yet set the team back for years to come. 

But  Benning had the sense to keep every other pick and/or have some development going behind the scenes. Rutherford doesn't have that sense. He will trade Rathbone without thinking much of it if he thinks he can get a piece for this year

• Wat 1