The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Noah Juulsen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Jester13 said:

FML, just when we were getting fired up.

We managed to win with 5 D last night while holding our opponent to 1 goal against. As long as the injury isn’t 2 weeks+ we should be able to do just fine with who we have. After that we run the risk of burning out our D with the increased minutes they’re playing.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay

5 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

We managed to win with 4 D last night while holding our opponent to 1 goal against. As long as the injury isn’t 2 weeks+ we should be able to do just fine with who we have. After that we run the risk of burning out our D with the increased minutes they’re playing.

which of the remaining5 are you not counting?

Hughes TyMy

Schenner TuckyPoo

NewBurr

Juulson should be given an opportunity.

He was a first round pick.  He played really well for Montreal, (28 games) prior to getting hit twice by a puck in the head... obviously that can do it to you concussion wise.

He missed the rest of the season, then obviously Montreal decided he was done... was waived and picked up by Florida.  He only played 4 games for Florida, and only 5 games for their farm team.  Obviously still not recovered.

He is now with Abbotsford, has played 17 games, and seems to be ready.

Maybe he still hasn't recovered, but deserves a shot... if he has recovered, then we just got a 6' 2'' 202 lb first round D to develop.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Juulson should be given an opportunity.

He was a first round pick.  He played really well for Montreal, (28 games) prior to getting hit twice by a puck in the head... obviously that can do it to you concussion wise.

He missed the rest of the season, then obviously Montreal decided he was done... was waived and picked up by Florida.  He only played 4 games for Florida, and only 5 games for their farm team.  Obviously still not recovered.

He is now with Abbotsford, has played 17 games, and seems to be ready.

Maybe he still hasn't recovered, but deserves a shot... if he has recovered, then we just got a 6' 2'' 202 lb first round D to develop.

Curious as to how he's played in Abby. Haven't really heard much about Juulsen on the farm team with regards to his play. I'd think that if his play was horrible it'd be all over the internet, so I'm assuming he's been steady, and unassuming with respect to his play. Simple and direct. Nothing spectacular. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Nice - i had some hope when we signed him, he was a very good prospect that had a similar trajectory to OJ with injuries. 

Good to hear he has been pretty solid in Abby.  Its been really hard to get any info on prospects play there ( other than Klimovich) and the stats from the AHL aren't that comprehensive. Noted he was a -1 while Woo was a +2.  Not that means much but, the game plan certainly seems to be to keep Woo in the A for the full season. 

Still excited to the see the Surrey boy play - hope he can start to recapture his pre draft form - what a win that would be.

I know I like to see wooooo as well... also shoots right I believe...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Well, jokes on Marchand. He and his team lost the other night. 

By the way, anyone know how long OEL is going to be out for?

Since they only called up one Dman, to fill Hammer's spot, I suspect OEL is day to day and might play Friday night. I think it's interesting that Bruce would rather dress five RHD than play Brad Hunt. The loss of OJ looms larger and larger.

1 hour ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Since they only called up one Dman, to fill Hammer's spot, I suspect OEL is day to day and might play Friday night. I think it's interesting that Bruce would rather dress five RHD than play Brad Hunt. The loss of OJ looms larger and larger.

Kind of tells you that he doesn't think Brad Hunt is any good. 

• Like 1

Curious to see how good/bad he is, I remember seeing him play some sloppy D for other teams in the past.

This just shows that our new management and coaches don't believe that Rathbone is ready yet, so if we had these guys at the start of the season, Juolevi wouldn't have been a casuality. Now OJ is playing almost every game as the Panthers' bottom D man.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Curious to see how good/bad he is, I remember seeing him play some sloppy D for other teams in the past.

This just shows that our new management and coaches don't believe that Rathbone is ready yet, so if we had these guys at the start of the season, Juolevi wouldn't have been a casuality. Now OJ is playing almost every game as the Panthers' bottom D man.

Juolevi hasn't played a single game for the Panthers yet.  

He was on IR from the start of the season.  Went for a conditioning stint to the AHL for 3 games and has only been activated off IR earlier this week.  He was a healthy scratch for the lone game played since he came off IR.  

• Cheers 2

Finally found a thread with complaints about the rat's latest pos move.

Where is the DOPS on this?

Calling the NHL.

Look at the clip guys.

Suspend this creep forever!

News item: 

Brad Marchand crushed Vancouver’s Travis Hamonic along the board halfway through the second quarter, leaving the Canucks defenseman with an apparent leg injury. Hamonic limped to the bench, without putting any weight on his right leg, and was helped through the tunnel by a trainer. He did not return, leaving Vancouver with five defenders.

Edited by Goal:thecup
added news item
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

When is someone going to pound this guy into a bloody pulp?

Slew foots OEL gets 3 games.

Comes back and hits hamonic knee on knee unexpected and gets an interference penalty.  Hamonic now on IR.

And Marchand knows we don't play each other again this year.

Fk me.  

I've been a fan of the idea that suspensions should be carried out in games versus the team which was "injured" by the action(s) of the offending player. I don't see a reason why the next three teams got an advantage against the Bruins at the cost of the Canucks losing a player to injury.

So, in Marchand's case, where he injured Hamonic, the first game of his suspension would have been this last game against the Canucks. The remaining two games could be served in the playoffs (assuming the Canucks faced the Bruins in this year's playoffs), or next season in the regular season. Were Marchand injured when one of those games came up, then it carries over until he has missed a total of three games vs the Canucks.

Money/fines happen right away.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1