The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Noah Juulsen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

When is someone going to pound this guy into a bloody pulp?

Slew foots OEL gets 3 games.

Comes back and hits hamonic knee on knee unexpected and gets an interference penalty.  Hamonic now on IR.

And Marchand knows we don't play each other again this year.

Fk me.  

The sad thing with Marchand is that he has skill...a lot of it. Why someone with his skill level resorts to being one of most despised players in the entire league, I don't get. Even Ken Linesman, in his days with the Flyers, or Doug Gilmour of the Laughs (I'm sorry, Leafs), didn't go out of their way to injure people. Sure, their mouths never stopped running, but they knew when to shut up and just play. Marchand, though? Even his face is the correct animal; he even looks like a rat. He wouldn't have lasted but a couple of seasons back in the 70s/80s...someone like Dave Semenko would have drilled him through the boards. 

13 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

The sad thing with Marchand is that he has skill...a lot of it. Why someone with his skill level resorts to being one of most despised players in the entire league, I don't get. Even Ken Linesman, in his days with the Flyers, or Doug Gilmour of the Laughs (I'm sorry, Leafs), didn't go out of their way to injure people. Sure, their mouths never stopped running, but they knew when to shut up and just play. Marchand, though? Even his face is the correct animal; he even looks like a rat. He wouldn't have lasted but a couple of seasons back in the 70s/80s...someone like Dave Semenko would have drilled him through the boards. 

It’s the leagues’ fault.  When guys like Marchand do it, the narrative is, “Marchand is dirty but boy oh boy he is one heck of a hockey player.”   When Alex Burrows used to do some dirty things, he was attacked on a personal level with regards to his character and integrity as a human being.  It’s why from 2011-2013, I contend that the treatment that the Canucks received from the league was on the same level of treatment that many African Americans receive in the United States. The referees tried to sabotage the Canucks in their series’ against Chicago 2011, Boston 2011, LA 2012, and San Jose 2013.  The Marchand-Sedin 2011 incident made absolutely no sense and resulted in Daniel getting a misconduct while Boychuk was basically allowed to break Raymond’s back without penalty.

A year later, Duncan Keith was basically allowed to commit a felony on Daniel and only received a 4 Game suspension.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, Patel Bure said:

It’s the leagues’ fault.  When guys like Marchand do it, the narrative is, “Marchand is dirty but boy oh boy he is one heck of a hockey player.”   When Alex Burrows used to do some dirty things, he was attacked on a personal level with regards to his character and integrity as a human being.  It’s why from 2011-2013, I contend that the treatment that the Canucks received from the league was on the same level of treatment that many African Americans receive in the United States. The referees tried to sabotage the Canucks in their series’ against Chicago 2011, Boston 2011, LA 2012, and San Jose 2013.  The Marchand-Sedin 2011 incident made absolutely no sense and resulted in Daniel getting a misconduct while Boychuk was basically allowed to break Raymond’s back without penalty.

A year later, Duncan Keith was basically allowed to commit a felony on Daniel and only received a 4 Game suspension.  

I definitely remember Marchand standing there, punching Daniel in the face repeatedly, and no one responded. I never played ice hockey (can't skate for s**t!) but I did play ball hockey. I remember something like this happening in '83. The team of the player getting punched took out the player doing the punching, literally. It took the heart out of the team the "Marchand" equivalent played for. The "Marchand" equivalent didn't play again that year. You  want a good reason Van didn't win the Cup in 2011? That incident is a good one; showed Van didn't have the heart. No way in h**l they should have allowed Marchand to get away with that. The league should have reviewed that, and slapped the refs with a huge penalty for incompetence

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

I couldn't agree more, Marchand gets the white glove treatment from the league. Having said that, this Hamonic thing (can't even call it a hit really) is simply 2 minutes interference. There was no leading with elbow, no shoulder to head, no direct knee on knee...simply nothing! Hamonic just got cut of. If I didn't see him hobbling down the tunnel, I woulda been suprised he even felt it; he just put on the breaks.

• Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Kids' a flop, that's why.

17 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Maybe he just hasn't found the right coach to bring out what made him a 1st rounder.  

Although less touted in the draft, like Juolevi his development has been hampered by injuries. Two of them from pucks to the face. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

A lot of hyperbole there. But Keith got 5 games. For a first offence 5 games is actually a hefty suspension.

• Cheers 2

21 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Wasn't that what Brandon Prust was for?  "Best money I ever spent." - Prust postgame interview

Side note: the clowns Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley on the call.

Hope Juulsen has been able to put his injury woes behind him and is ready to fulfill the promise he showed as a prospect.

In any other instances involving spearing and Marchand, those two guys must think that the opposing team's player jumps on to Marchand's stick of their own volition....

regards,  G.