The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 10, 2021 Winnipeg Jets (13-9-2-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (10-15-1-1) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

You can see why BB respects Hunt and vise-versa, in this video; upbeat team guy who really gets it.

He's got a chance to stick (for now at least) and both he and BB know what he is capable of.

I dont like Hunt though lol. Maybe he plays better under Bruce, we will see. Hope Rutherford fixes the defense soon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Was the forum down for everyone else for the last hour or so? I was starting to get withdrawal shakes from not having a GDT to refresh every 5 minutes while I'm "working"!

I legit thought that the Canucks were moving this forum elsewhere.

So someone (cough @ZH96) was getting SO excited about Juulsen getting called up, like it was a sign of things to come. But yeah, he's just an extra.

@ZH96 , the poster who can't make up his mind between dying for Green on a hill, or praising Benning's acquisitions (Chiasson, Juulsen, Lamikko, etc etc) while bashing Benning as a GM. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Could be worse, like that time we traded 

for brown,carney and Weinrich in desperation 

I didn't mind Carney all that much, but Weinrich was good for his yellow visor and not much else.

The Gillis supporters tend to forget about his questionable trades. This above one cost a couple of 2nd rounders too, if I'm not mistaken. So the things that they criticize about Benning, they don't criticize Gillis because he was "making a push". The mental gymnastics of these people...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I dont like Hunt though lol. Maybe he plays better under Bruce, we will see. Hope Rutherford fixes the defense soon.

We need way more than 6 defensemen to get through the regular season, the playoffs, and the Stanley Cup Final.

We need as many as we can get and keep around, eager for their chance to help the team Win The Cup.

3 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I just listened to Boudreau on 650 and he spoke very highly of Hunt from his time in Minnesota and more or less indirectly threw Green under the bus saying he spoke to Brad and he was having a hard time adjusting to the system here etc.

Could you imagine if Bennings team just completely flourishes under BB.

Looks bad on TG

The more success the team has post-Green, the harder it's gonna be for Green to get back to the NHL in a coaching capacity 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1