The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BENNING AND GREEN CONTRACTS

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

Green gets 5 mill for his three months work (thanks Jimmie) 

Benning it’s been reported this was his final year of guaranteed money even though he had another year on it. 

so if true he’ll get paid out for this season but forfeit what he would have made next year. 

Edited by combover

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

How does it work will green get 2,5 million for this year,,how are they paid out does it count towards any cap space...what does bruce make and rutherford..sign mike gillis and they got a pretty good upper management..i can see them getting faster tougher and ya exciting...

Coach contracts are guaranteed at the NHL. But here’s where it gets interesting, if Green is hired in the off season for example and is hired at 1.5 million/season (Canucks signed him for 2 million/season prior to termination)... then that means the Canucks would only have to make up the difference 500,000 to get to that guarantee.

Heres where it gets interesting pt 2: 

Because of the way this works, the Canucks would have the final say in any contract offered to Green in the next 1.5 years. This is to prevent a team like Philadelphia for example, to hire Green for $1 since he’s already being paid by Vancouver. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

SO GREEN GETS LIKE 7 MILLION FOR 3 YEAR DEAL NOT SURE ON NUMBERS THOUGHT IT WAS 2.5 MILLION

He had an extension of 2 years at 2million if I recall. The Canucks owe him 3.5.. basically a buyout, unless someone else hires him.

ps: please stop yelling at us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

To save money since their still getting paid, FA will probably re-assign Benning into the Fin costume, while Green, obviously, will be the new 3rd member of the Green Men.

Green strikes me as a guy who likes good music, maybe he can dj at Rogers and play some Back in Black and other classics once and a while.

Edited by GB5

19 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s been rumoured that Benning’s final year is a club-elected option, so they may not have to pay that.

Everything else, like others have said, is guaranteed and will get paid, unless another NHL team hires either Green or Benning before their contract terms expire.

Thoughts and Questions from Aramis Thorn: Eight Ball Answers ~ Don't Count  on It

I can see Benning getting a scouting/advisor job or AGM role eventually.

Edited by timberz21

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

Fired coaches and GMs get paid the full balance of their contract, but management / coaching contracts do not count towards the cap. 

Signing Bruce, Jim or Mike does not make the team faster.

Counter point, they sure looked faster the last 2 games.

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

Counter point, they sure looked faster the last 2 games.

Counter point the last 3 TG games he was 2 and 1.    What's going to happen to the happiness on this site if the team loses five in a row under Bruce?   It will be Bennings fault, for awhile, then Rutherford will do something ALL CAPs hockey god 99 worthy and the site will explode in excitement again.   Game against OTT was very good too.    And they went on to beat some good teams right after us.   

4 hours ago, GB5 said:

Green strikes me as a guy who likes good music, maybe he can dj at Rogers and play some Back in Black and other classics once and a while.

I'd prefer that the sound system had something from this decade, let alone this century... unless we're talking jazz or blues.

regards,  G.