The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congratulations MAF!

Rate this topic

allegend

4 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Probably the next goalie for the hall of fame!

It's less to do with his Cup victories (which are a team accomplishment, I mean one couldn't say Marcel Dionne doesn't belong in the HOF because he has zero Cups).  That Vezina trophy win by MAF is a pretty powerful argument in his favor (along with the 500 wins).

6 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Nothing to do with the Canucks and so I don't give a $&!# about him or his accomplishments.

Hence the reason it’s posted under general hockey discussions, as in discussions about other things and players in hockey not playing for the Canucks.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It's less to do with his Cup victories (which are a team accomplishment, I mean one couldn't say Marcel Dionne doesn't belong in the HOF because he has zero Cups).  That Vezina trophy win by MAF is a pretty powerful argument in his favor (along with the 500 wins).

Yep it’s the complete package for a goalie to get in. I don’t think there are any in there without cups and a vezina.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Nothing to do with the Canucks and so I don't give a $&!# about him or his accomplishments.

So you leave the Canucks talk and come into general hockey talk, to act like a dingus when people talk about things other then the Canucks? Fleury is one of the all time greats of our sport and one of only 3 people to achieve this milestone. Seems worthy of a discussion under general hockey.

5 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

So you leave the Canucks talk and come into general hockey talk, to act like a dingus when people talk about things other then the Canucks? Fleury is one of the all time greats of our sport and one of only 3 people to achieve this milestone. Seems worthy of a discussion under general hockey.

I had forgotten that we had a general hockey talk section on here and so when I saw this thread on the main board, I posted without considering the context.

I made a mistake.

Just now, Patel Bure said:

I had forgotten that we had a general hockey talk section on here and so when I saw this thread on the main board, I posted without considering the context.

I made a mistake.

That's fair. We already have one hardcore Canucks homer in Alf, just figured we didn't need a second. 

• Haha 1

His public persona is everything you want to cheer for in a athlete that plays for another team. Guys like this deserve to be put in the forefront of nhl publicity. Great athlete, great character. I cheer for him despite the teams he’s played for.