The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ben Bishop’s career is over

Rate this topic

I heard he tried to play in their AHL affiliate and let in 8 goals, but that he was trying to return?

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/stars/2021/12/10/ben-bishop-roughed-up-in-ahl-conditioning-debut-but-stars-goalie-says-he-still-has-room-to-build/

Would suck if he goes out like this, but long-term health comes first.  

Edited by Phil_314
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

It is sad to see injuries end careers. 

And he could probably put in another couple seasons otherwise but I remember reading he can no longer bend or flex his leg a certain way which he couldn't get past, unsure if that is correct but I remember reading somewhere about that.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Sucks. When I read a thread on hfboards that he was coming back I actually though to myself "can he even play?".

Very respectable career... even though he always struck me as a guy who was big and not much else.

Edited by nergish

19 minutes ago, Caboose said:

5th best save percentage in NHL history.

The guy was an average goalie, at best.  And, most important, he NEVER PLSYED FOR US (that’s yelling btw.  I learned Caps means yelling.) 

so WHY SOULD WE (more yelling; I like this!) Canuck’s fans care?  It’s not like Ovechkin or Crosby retired.  It’s Ben friggin’ Bishop!  He’s a nobody!  A nothing!  A speck of crap in hockey history.  And he didn’t play for us!  God!  Come on Canuck fans.  Be real and true fans.

#Embrace the Hate! 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 4

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Still don’t care.  

Then why keep posting if you don't care? Seems like a lie.

Please educate yourself on players before calling them a speck of crap.

Laughing that injuries forced him to retire? This kind of behaviour is disgusting, and creates a bad look on Canucks fans.

P.S. don't bother replying if all you're going to say is "don't care" again.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

The guy was an average goalie, at best.  And, most important, he NEVER PLSYED FOR US (that’s yelling btw.  I learned Caps means yelling.) 

so WHY SOULD WE (more yelling; I like this!) Canuck’s fans care?  It’s not like Ovechkin or Crosby retired.  It’s Ben friggin’ Bishop!  He’s a nobody!  A nothing!  A speck of crap in hockey history.  And he didn’t play for us!  God!  Come on Canuck fans.  Be real and true fans.

#Embrace the Hate! 

Has one of the best names in hockey. So, there's that.

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don’t care.  Never played for us.  

You don't have to care, but reveling in his misfortune is pretty low. Hockey players dedicate everything they've got their entire youth trying to crack the big leagues, trying to play professionally, losing that to injury is devastating. 

And it's not even like it was a player who played dirty or anything, it was a goaltender who was pretty high end when healthy. 

• Cheers 1