The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blake Price: don't be surprised if there's a trade between the Canucks-Pens by the end of the season, certainly by off-season

This is where Rutherford scares me. We don't need aging vets. We need quality mid aged players that can grow with this team and blossom soon. I'm not sure we have what the Pens want anyways. What are the Pens? Going for it, rebuild, retool? Do they even know?

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Rutherford swings for the fences

to VAN:  Crosby

to PIT:  Horvat, Pearson, 3rd (2022) and 2nd (2023)

Crosby finishes his career as captain of the Canucks. His home building where he scored the Golden Goal.  Rutherford, Boudreau and Sid deliver the Cup. 

I understand Crosby is 34 and has had an injury history, but he's still a point a game player. 

Podkolzin - Crosby - Garland

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson, Hunt, chiassion and a 1st for Crosby.. penguins still owe Rutherford 2 favors for their stanley cup!

Is this one of those "Yzerman traded with Tampa for some players he liked so Rutherford is gonna do the same with Pittsburgh?" Benning didn't do that with Boston to my knowledge. This is more speculation than rumour, but whatever. Semantics I guess.

Who are they realistically gonna move and what are they after? Cause other than Dickinson and Myers there aren't many roster people I wanna move. And even then Myers is playing solid. They aren't after picks and prospects as long as they have Crosby and Malkin. People say they'll move Kapanen, but looking at their RW depth, it's kinda meh and none of them are righties, that I know of. If anything they'd rather add another RWer to Kapanen. So are we moving Boeser? For what? A lateral move at best and a downgrade at worst.

I don't see anything here other than a shot in the dark cause Rutherford is a former Pens management figure. This "rumour" has less credibility than anything we could make up ourselves. I put this in the Botterill page of "well here's the Rutherford connection, so it's gonna happen."

[PS Please no to Botterill]

2 hours ago, rekker said:

This is where Rutherford scares me. We don't need aging vets. We need quality mid aged players that can grow with this team and blossom soon. I'm not sure we have what the Pens want anyways. What are the Pens? Going for it, rebuild, retool? Do they even know?

Sekeres. It is all garbage

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, rekker said:

i thought rutherford was going to hire a gm to make the trades or is he just going to hire someone to announce his trades?

• Cheers 1

Rutherford said that they are looking for futures. 34/35 year old players do not fit into that category. 

I could see some inner office people that Jim has a strong connection with. I could see Aquilini talking to Burkie.

The media needs to find things to talk about. It is what they do.