The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pearson's days could be numbered?

Rate this topic

cdgraham

Sorry if this should be somewhere else but mods can move it to correct place if needed. 

Anyways, with the emergence of the chemistry between hoglander and horvat, with Pearson pretty obviously officially being the passenger on that line if he is on it, as well as Rutherford taking over (who has already traded Pearson for a bag of pucks once before and will probably be looking for a shakeup) + the fact it actually probably makes sense if we can get a faster replacement with equal skills or a defenseman (especially with the recent injuries) 

Anyone see this happening? Events could be lining up for him to be saying bye prior to the trade deadline or at the trade deadline. 

Also, if he is to be traded, what do we think his value is? 

Edited by cdgraham
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cdgraham said:

Sorry if this should be somewhere else but mods can move it to correct place if needed. 

Anyways, with the emergence of the chemistry between hoglander and horvat, with Pearson pretty obviously officially being the passenger on that line if he is on it, as well as Rutherford taking over (who has already traded Pearson for a big of pucks once before and will probably be looking for a shakeup) + the fact it actually probably makes sense if we can get a faster replacement with equal skills or a defenseman (especially with the recent injuries) 

Anyone see this happening? Events could be lining up for him to be saying bye prior to the trade deadline or at the trade deadline. 

Also, if he is to be traded, what do we think his value is? 

Probably doesn't have any trade value imo. 10-15 goal guy, not a penalty killer, pretty expensive contract.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Probably doesn't have any trade value imo. 10-15 goal guy, not a penalty killer, pretty expensive contract.

Ya was thinking he might have completely neutral or even negative e value. But there are probably gms who value him a bit still, and if we can find an equivalent value player but for defense I'd rather have 3 million on that player then Pearson I think 

Guys that have the same playstyle/skillset as Tanner Pearson are criminally underrated by fans. It's why you see fans craping on Alex Chiasson all the time.  

Standing in front of the net is necessary, and someone has to do it.  It doesn't look pretty and 91 out of 100 times it results into nothing, but you still have to keep on doing it. It's one of the toughest and most thankless jobs in hockey.  

I constantly see people suggesting that we swap out Pearson and Chiasson for different net-front guys and it just doesn't work in real life.  I can't tell you how many times you see guys like Boeser, Hoggy and others either late to get to the front of the net or else just doing a fly-by.  

24 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Rutherford has already traded him once. However, Pearson might be hard to trade this season as he has a full NTC and next season goes to MNC

His list only has 7 teams he can't be traded to.  Not too bad, really.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

:picard:

FYI this thread is mostly to point out that he could  be traded as the new president as already traded him once, and moves are most likely on the way. Then to discuss how we feel about it or what we would be happy he got moved for if he got moved etc. 

So I'm sure you can contribute more then that!

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Guys that have the same playstyle/skillset as Tanner Pearson are criminally underrated by fans. It's why you see fans craping on Alex Chiasson all the time.  

Standing in front of the net is necessary, and someone has to do it.  It doesn't look pretty and 91 out of 100 times it results into nothing, but you still have to keep on doing it. It's one of the toughest and most thankless jobs in hockey.  

I constantly see people suggesting that we swap out Pearson and Chiasson for different net-front guys and it just doesn't work in real life.  I can't tell you how many times you see guys like Boeser, Hoggy and others either late to get to the front of the net or else just doing a fly-by.  

He's not a bad player and but he's just not scoring enough to be a 2nd line winger. Definitely like him otherwise as a third-line guy that can provide scoring. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1