The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pearson's days could be numbered?

Rate this topic

cdgraham

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Being an effective net front guy takes talent for sure. Deflecting pucks is not easy.

Not sure I would describe Pearson or Chiasson as elite level puck deflectors though. Big bodies who stand there and try to screen and jam at rebounds sure. But neither are particularly adept at getting their stick on the puck for an efficient deflection. 

I can't say that I'd describe Pearson as a front of net kind of guy (in that traditional sense). He seems to be taking up a spot to the left of the goalie, and from there he collects rebounds and passes, which he then dishes off to other players, like Boeser.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1

What team signs a guy to play him significantly in the top 6 and on the PP and doesnt expect even moderately consistent offensive production? Teams that value the wrong things in players, that’s who. 

This is always the argument when players suck.

Don’t count this year or that year, just their GOOD years.” 

“So many outside factors that make it impossible for them to do their job.”

Etc etc etc. Soubds like Benning and Green. Excuses. No accountability at all. 

Are you really suggesting that Petterssen and Pearson are equivalent offensive players and equally important to the team?  Come on man. Pearson could be replaced by any number of inconsistent guys for a 1 to 1.5 mil cap hit and we would not lose much of anything. 

Sounds kind of ironic.

regards,  G.

The fact he is in the top 6 and on the 1st unit pp ever is the problem. He just doesn’t do enough with those prime minutes and linemates. Sooner or later, “he is good enough” in key roles needs to not be good enough for a team that wants to be a contender. 

Okay, so what do we do about this menace? Forcing his way into the top-6! Why doesn't someone bring this to the attention of the GM, that this player is pushing the coach around and getting undeserved top-6 TOI?

And while we're at it, why doesn't someone tell Rutherford about this guy's contract? Maybe get him to give back $1 million, or whatever they feel is appropriate?

regards,  G.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

So, Pearson is awful because you (and some others) don't like his contract. Got it.

regards,  G.

His contract is right in line with where he plays IMO. Your points are bang on and what I'll add is he's by all account a much liked teammate and we've lost enough of those.

Plus he's not taking anyone's minutes so not sure why people are so concerned with him.

We lose him and Chiasson bumps up a spot.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

His contract is right in line with where he plays IMO. Your points are bang on and what I'll add is he's by all account a much liked teammate and we've lost enough of those.

Plus he's not taking anyone's minutes so not sure why people are so concerned with him.

We lose him and Chiasson bumps up a spot.

Yeah him, or Gadj..... nvm.

regards,  G.

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

Most contenders look for rentals at the deadline to maximize their short term cap space available. For example - if a contender goes through the season with $2m cap space available at the deadline they can add an $8m player as there's only $2m remaining on his expiring contract. At the deadline a contender isn't concerned if a player is overpaid, they only care what he adds to a playoff run as a rental they're not stuck with afterwards. But here's the burning question; if Pearson is veiwed as overpaid for what he provides here, why would a contrender trade for him with two more years remaining on that contract? His "bad contract" would affect who they could re-sign the following season. So he's either worth his contarct (contrary to many fans opinion), or he's not tradeable at the deadline to a contender (also contrary to many fans opinion).

Well if a team does like aTB and hide cap space on ltir and want to add a possible 3rd line scorer. And if they would give up something positive for us. A good draft and a good prospect possibly. 

Again nothings written in stone and I believe he could be a asset in play if we fall short for the playoffs. 

On 12/12/2021 at 8:25 PM, cdgraham said:

FYI this thread is mostly to point out that he could  be traded as the new president as already traded him once, and moves are most likely on the way. Then to discuss how we feel about it or what we would be happy he got moved for if he got moved etc. 

So I'm sure you can contribute more then that!

I think you should consider renaming your thread because as it stans it has the appearance of being a rumor which it is certainly not.