The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Anton Khudobin

33 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Is his contract really that bad?  1 more year @ $3.3MM.  Oilers could have waived Koskinen and plugged in Khudobin.

Also TIL that Khudobin is from Kazakhstan.

Why would the Oilers downgrade from Koskinen to Khudobin? Koskinen's been doing way better than Khudobin this year so far.

I like Khudobin. In fact, he's one of my favourite goalies. But that's not really reason enough to get him.

Edited by The Lock

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

Why would the Oilers downgrade from Koskinen to Khudobin? Koskinen's been doing way better than Khudobin this year so far.

I like Khudobin. In fact, he's one of my favourite goalies. But that's not really reason enough to get him.

It's not a downgrade, Koskinen is an ECHL quality goalie.

Have to see, now that he's cleared, if a contender would take a cheap gamble on him with 50% retention and have him stashed in the minors for insurance. $1.666m buried in the minors and with 1/3 of the season prorated off would only cost what, a couple hundred K of cap space?

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Have to see, now that he's cleared, if a contender would take a cheap gamble on him with 50% retention and have him stashed in the minors for insurance. $1.666m buried in the minors and with 1/3 of the season prorated off would only cost what, a couple hundred K of cap space?

Plus you can bury up to 1.125M in the minors. Wouldn't surprise me if this happens at all

• Cheers 1