The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rutherford Press Conference on Dec. 13, 2021.

Rate this topic

JamesB

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

yes, so is edmundsson, but both physical and more defensive, Chychrun would be so awesome, maybe shift Hughes to the right??? he has played right side... is R/L really a big deal for all players, likely more so for some players than others.

Some players can do it more easily than others. It’s not as simple as some think. Having said that, I think Hughes could adjust to it. Given how he is playing lately, I would hesitate to screw with anything right now though.

I actually think the better move would be switching OEL to the right side if a guy like Chychrun could be brought in. 

5 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

yes, so is edmundsson, but both physical and more defensive, Chychrun would be so awesome, maybe shift Hughes to the right??? he has played right side... is R/L really a big deal for all players, likely more so for some players than others.

It’s more likely Chychrun will be moved to the right side considering, he has played there before in juniors. It’s also unlikely Arizona will be trading him unless you’re willing to part ways with Hoglander, Podkolzin and a couple of first round picks. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

It’s more likely Chychrun will be moved to the right side considering, he has played there before in juniors. It’s also unlikely Arizona will be trading him unless you’re willing to part ways with Hoglander, Podkolzin and a couple of first round picks. 

any good bottom 6 forwards on PHX... what do you guys think about Tierney in Ott? 

55 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I think Pearson is out, too slow.

another top 4 D pref on right and a good solid fast physical bottom 6F is what we need...

Chychrun?

Edmundsson?

Merino?

Chychrun is Arizona's #1, and if you dig into his stats he actually doesn't look bad considering how awful Arizona is.

You're not getting him for anything less than a massive package and that's likely not happening. If Arizona builds around anyone on their roster it'll be him.

Edited by Coconuts