The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14, 2021 Columbus Blue Jackets (14-11-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (12-15-2) at 7:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

12 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I just don't see it. Everyone was told to get vaccinated to allow the world to move on.

Taking that type of step only shows they were truly clueless and all the anti vaxxers can say see. People in government would lose so many votes if they deny vaccinated people again.

Plus no deaths yet from omni so that's gotta matter right?

Until we get to 90% vaccination of the world population, we're going to continue to see variants that are going to complicate recovery on this. This isn't a 2 - 3 year problem, we're going to be dealing with this for 10 - 12 years at least.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

To what end? So far it seems weaker death rate wise and what's government's going to say? We need to develop a new vaccine? Lockdowns don't work and to many votes were bought on the promise of vaccination equalling a return to normal.

Besides cases were always expected to rise in the winter. Unless a significant increase of serious cases happen they need to do nothing.

We can't shut down our economy because more people are getting Covid unless vaccinated start getting extreme cases in large numbers.

Limiting capacity at unnecessary sporting events does not equate to shutting down the economy but may be one of the better tools to keep the economy open and running.

Nobody with any sense ever promised that vaccinations would equal a return to normal though they are the best and safest path to get as close as possible.

Not enough is known about the degree of illness for Omicron though it does appear to be following the more expected path for a virus in a pandemic in that they tend to become increasingly virulent but decreasingly deadly.

• Cheers 1

Came for a Canucks thread got a COVID debate brewing...

Edited by Furevanucks
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My guess is we will see arenas go back to limited capacity or no fans in the building (if the situation gets worse).

Kind of surprised with full capacity, many people are not wearing masks judging by what I see on TV.  Eating, drinking, shouting and singing, what did they expect?  Vaccines work, but they are not 100% at reducing infection. It's designed to prevent severe disease and does it well, and still does it well despite what the variant of the month is.  Also, does Rogers Arena allow unvaccinated children to enter? I suspect they do, but don't know the policy.  No rapid test requirements for unvaccinated?  

I plan to attend the Kracken game this month, if it is not postponed. Will wear my N95 and not take it off. I understand beer sales are important source of revenue. But that is how I assess the risk.  Will reconsider taking my 70+ parents there.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm going to assume that the game is going ahead, and that we're not looking at shutting down the team for a few games. LET'S BE POSITIVE!

Canucks are going to win 5 - 2, Pettersson with a breakout game, 3 goals, 1 assist.

Be Positive for mood, not covid =). 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought I read about a death just yesterday...I think in England.

I'm not sure of the validity of their statement, I just find it funny people are saying "the virus doesn't care about x & y", ignoring the "z" part of that person's comment, which was addressing what the virus does "care about".

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Be Positive for mood, not covid =). 

I'm ALWAYS positive, even when I'm tasering someone because they came within 6 feet! 

Helpful hint, you can attach a taser to the end of a hockey stick, so you don't have to risk getting too close....

;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes! and maybe Demko should pretend he has a hacking cough whenever he sees a white jersey in his crease. :bigblush: 

Works great in long checkout lines. Just cough lots and tell people, I just can't shake this cough since I got back from South Africa. 

Lines clear RIGHT up!

• Haha 4