The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{Discussion} Is anyone else sick of Thomas Drance?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, WEVEGOTMOTTE said:

Is it just me?:)

He is a guest on too many shows, The VanCast is unbearable with him on it, his pale face (reminiscent of a clown) is a major eyesore for television.  

An analytics dork who can't skate backwards and thinks Brad Hunt is a god. A wannabe of a person who is no longer with us.  

The questions at press conferences are long winded and bias, with shocking regularity, Petey even called him out recently.

I could go on.  Is anyone else tired of him?

If only you weren't mandated to watch and listen to him.

I long for the days when TVs and radios had of switches and the government didn't force you to consume sports pundit programming.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its the chip that came with the covid vaccine, it broadcasts Drance directly into your brain until you pay Bill Gates to make it stop.

Geez, JImmy

I always thought Drance was Eklund puppet...........................lots of gossip and no facts

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I only watch intermissions for Caroline Cameron.

Yah, she's cute and sassy.

Drance is annoying, but for some reason, I don't hate him.  Guys I hate: The Plagiarist (i.e., David Pratt), The Crypt Keeper (i.e., Tony Gallagher), Andrew Walker, Randeep Something, That tall skinny that stutters with his questions (thank goodness they've taken him off the air) and more than anyone else, Fatt Suckhairyass (i.e., Matt Sekeres). 

Starting to hate John Garrett.  His color commentary is repetitive and boring as hell.  Brings zero insight into the games. Sportnet Pacific needs to take him to the back of the barn and put him out of his misery.

• Wat 2

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Sick of most of the Vancouver media, they make $&!# up to try and generate clicks.

You could see the level of the media through the constant questions on the sexual assault case (Jake Virtanen) to someone in Rutherford who literally just stepped foot in Vancouver and then asking to make investigations public to Francesco. 

Such a disregard for the victim.

That irked me yesterday when listening to the press conference.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I never understood fans and the hate they have for media...don't like a certain person, don't listen to them when they are on the air or on tv...quite simple!

He has the VanCast Podcast and The Canucks Hour on 650 now, I do not listen to it and gave them both ample chances.  I can't stand him.

The Shows I like are:

Donny and Dhali

Halford and Brough

Sekeres and Price

Perhaps my issues are more with these shows having him on.  Right now we are oversaturated with his bias. 

• Cheers 1

He can be informative with the stats but he doesn’t formulate opinions much with the information provided. It rarely leads anywhere. 

He is hard to read which can be infuriating for some I can imagine. Especially when in the few times he has been opinionated it’s usually been in a negative light which in-turn leads to a negative perception due to lack of substance to go by. 

Overall I just formulate my own opinions based off anything interesting I hear.

Like when he mentioned Dickinsen underlying numbers are great, I did my research and was able to determine that Dickinsen is our best defensive forward 5v5. Team’s Shooting + Save percentage is while he is on the ice is the best on the team for anyone that’s played 20 games or more and he starts more in the defensive zone. 

• Cheers 1

And our tax dollars directly pay 25% of the salaries for these clowns.

People don't even know this but there is a direct federal income tax credit payable to the employers of media in Canada that goes to pay 25% of their salaries.

The process is for a media company to apply to CRA to be certified as a Registered Canadian Journalism Organization.  Once qualified the company receives cheques from the government that cover 25% of the salaries for their media employees.  Post Media, Bell you name it they are all qualified.  Literally hundreds of companies in Canada are qualified and receive huge government subsidies to give these guys jobs and keep these guys on the payroll. Look it up.

Edited by fanfor42
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I never understood fans and the hate they have for media...don't like a certain person, don't listen to them when they are on the air or on tv...quite simple!

He has the VanCast Podcast and The Canucks Hour on 650 now, I do not listen to it and gave them both ample chances.  I can't stand him.

The Shows I like are:

Donny and Dhali

Halford and Brough

Sekeres and Price

Perhaps my issues are more with these shows oversaturating the market with his bias.