The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

I think any offer would have to include Hoglander/Podkolzin, and a 1st, plus DiPietro/McDonaugh.  We would also need to send Someone back to make the cap work. 

We are pretty set on LD, I would not pursue Chychrun at that cost.  There will be teams who would pay a heavy cost for him for sure.

Fine i'll jump in.

Miller or Boeser

Dipietro or Klimovich

Lockwood or Rathbone

2022 2nd

2023 1st

For

Chychrun

Ladd (cap dump)

There'd have to be some finagling of numbers but cap for cap it's close.  With Boeser it would have to be a sign and trade.  With Miller possibly same thing.  The kids they get are under cap/rfa protection.  At this stage of the game I am unsure why everyone thinks the Yotes want roster players myself when it is clear they want to dump cap and accumulate picks for their move to Quebec

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Fine i'll jump in.

Miller or Boeser

Dipietro or Klimovich

Lockwood or Rathbone

2022 2nd

2023 1st

For

Chychrun

Ladd (cap dump)

There'd have to be some finagling of numbers but cap for cap it's close.  With Boeser it would have to be a sign and trade.  With Miller possibly same thing.  The kids they get are under cap/rfa protection.  At this stage of the game I am unsure why everyone thinks the Yotes want roster players myself when it is clear they want to dump cap and accumulate picks for their move to Quebec

Would love Chychrun on our team, with QH, OEL and him (and servicable defensive RD to complement already in place) + our stacked top 9, all we would miss after that is a big body or two and a better 4th line.

Don't see us giving up the needed picks though, agree the Yotes are after picks and not players, why would they even consider trading all their good players otherwise? Don't see why Miller or Boeser would be interested in a sign and trade to go to Yotes/Quebec though.

1 minute ago, J-P said:

Would love Chychrun on our team, with QH, OEL and him (and servicable defensive RD to complement already in place) + our stacked top 9, all we would miss after that is a big body or two and a better 4th line.

Don't see us giving up the needed picks though, agree the Yotes are after picks and not players, why would they even consider trading all their good players otherwise? Don't see why Miller or Boeser would be interested in a sign and trade to go to Yotes/Quebec though.

Yotes aren't moving to quebec any time soon.  I just feel it's only a matter of time.

Neither Boeser or Miller have NMC/NTC protection.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

What is ARI doing?  Chychrun is only 23, and a really good Dman already.  Shouldn't they be building around him and Keller, Hayton, etc?

I agree with @Warhippythat they are doing a reboot to prepare for relocation. Chychrun is maybe not too old for that, but would he have the mental strength to stick around for 5 years+ until maybe being on a winning team?

Just now, Warhippy said:

Yotes aren't moving to quebec any time soon.  I just feel it's only a matter of time.

Neither Boeser or Miller have NMC/NTC protection.

Yeah, but you don't sign and trade players like that against their will? I.e. imagine the backlash if one of them signed in the belief of being in the Nucks long term plan and then immediately got shipped? I know it could happen and it has happened before, but in this case they would have to be on board with the trade IMO.

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

What? 

I didn’t say we would be trading OEL back to Arizona. I said, if we were to acquire Chychrun; OEL would be made expendable in a different trade. There’s a reason why Arizona made OEL expendable. It would be the same situation here. 

I think we already have enough veterans presence on the back end (Myers, Poolman, Hamonic, Schenn).

makes sense. sorry, I misunderstood.

3 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

The player I wanted at the 2016 draft until Tkachuk fell to us :(

I'd still gladly take him over the turtle.  I get why we passed over Tkachuk work with his character issues and refusal to play like a man. He is a locker room cancer on any respectable team.

With the D in shambles right now

Hamonic on LTIR

Poolman,. Schenn and Hunt with COVID

I wonder if Rutherford makes a play for Chychrun. It might cost Podkolzin+ though.  That's the crappy part.

EDIT - I just realized that Chychrun is also currently injured.   

Edited by NUCKER67