The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 16, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (13-15-2) @ San Jose Sharks (15-13-1) at 7:30 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

37 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

very telling analysis:  the difference is almost shocking but fits with what we've been seeing

I agree, Great video. I learned a lot from it. Although I remember the individual plays I had not put the big picture together in my mind. The quote from Boeser is an understatement, The change in philosophy is a big change. The Canucks have gone from among the worst in the league in generating quick chances off changes of possession to among the best in the league. 

This also explains why their time in O-Zone has declined. They are NOT going for the offensive cycle game. They are going for the quick opportunity instead. This is consistent with Boudreau's instruction to "shoot more". That's his philosophy -- generate quick chances and take the shot. 

Also, Boudreau has mentioned that quick up-ice passing can substitute for speed to some extent for team speed (although it is nice to have both).

That leads to more chances at both ends of the ice (and more exciting games) and, with good goaltending and good snipers,  it plays to the Canucks advantages. 

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

So here is a question for our Abby fans that go to their games...........

Has Cull changed their transition game to Bruce Boudreau's system?

Or are they still using their old system?

I was thinking the same thing.  Has BB even talked to Cull yet?

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Damn, you're actually from Timra eh? This should be neat for you. Have you met @Timråfan

Yes I am! And im over-hyped.. Who cares that the game is at 4:30.. Not too early for a breakfast beer, some popcorn and a good hockey game! No, I haven't met him, atleast not that I know about!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL yeah Green got me during the bubble.

He even had me last year because of the bubble

He started losing me during training camp and then preseason it got worse

By regular season, I was fully onboard the fire Green

Kudos to many of you who saw it years ago

If only Green had known that slapping a few bums would have done the trick .......

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I agree, Great video. I learned a lot from it. Although I remember the individual plays I had not put the big picture together in my mind. The quote from Boeser is an understatement, The change in philosophy is a big change. The Canucks have gone from among the worst in the league in generating quick chances off changes of possession to among the best in the league. 

This also explains why their time in O-Zone has declined. They are NOT going for the offensive cycle game. They are going for the quick opportunity instead. This is consistent with Boudreau's instruction to "shoot more". That's his philosophy -- generate quick chances and take the shot. 

Also, Boudreau has mentioned that quick up-ice passing can substitute for speed to some extent for team speed (although it is nice to have both).

That leads to more chances at both ends of the ice (and more exciting games) and, with good goaltending and good snipers,  it plays to the Canucks advantages. 

The quick up and quick transition rush is how this team was built.

It's asinine to think dump and chase and cyclying in the ozone was the best option with guys like Petey, Hogs, Garland etc.

The only ones that could probably do it decently are Pearson and hten Horvat Miller and Brock to a lesser degree.

To form an entire team strategy this way was ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Yes I am! And im over-hyped.. Who cares that the game is at 4:30.. Not too early for a breakfast beer, some popcorn and a good hockey game! No, I haven't met him, atleast not that I know about!

Who knows, maybe someday you will? I wasn't aware we had more than one Timra fan kicking around :P

Hopefully it's a high scoring affair so you enjoy it 

These divisional games are the games that are essentially "must win" games for the Canucks if they want to make the playoffs. 4 point swings are critical from here on out. The Canucks can afford some losses to the Eastern conference teams, like the leafs on Saturday, but they have to find ways to come out of these games on top!

I believe they can do it, anytime you have Demko in net you have a good chance to win!!!!!

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Gadjovich a healthy scratch tonight

I think this is a good news for us, I thought he would give us some problems- just to prove that Canucks were wrong letting him go.

Dahlin we'll try his best to score tonight for the same reason

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL yeah Green got me during the bubble.

He even had me last year because of the bubble

He started losing me during training camp and then preseason it got worse

By regular season, I was fully onboard the fire Green

Kudos to many of you who saw it years ago

+1 Same for me...