The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January
1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

At least we can say we're not Montreal.  But I feel like new restrictions are kinda stupid now.  Everyone is vaxxed who goes to games, and by statistics here in Canada, Covid is now only about 2-3 times as deadly as the common flu (and that's including the people still unvaccinated who make up the majority of those deaths).

I would expect this is happening because dr. Henry wants kids to get their shots and others to get their boosters before the end of Jan.

Just now, Alflives said:

I would expect this is happening because dr. Henry wants kids to get their shots and others to get their boosters before the end of Jan.

Yah, I assume so too, but I really don't feel like we need anymore restrictions.  I'm okay with the current restrictions (moderated restrictions that don't effect the economic well being of the province or country that much are fine), anything more is just completely unnecessary with the stats that are available now that show that Covid is not that big a deal as long as everyone is vaxxed these days.

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Right decision until we see what the new variant does to our ICUs and boosters are available to all.

i dont agree, but again ..im a gamer, i never leave my house anyway lol , but still i think its time to move on like i said in previous threads, this is gonna be with us till the end of time, let people live there life and let the human race move forward, but like all things, its just another way for the government to hold us all by the balls ...im fully vaccinated, but really restrictions after restrictions, all its gonna do it create more crimes cause people can only take so much, and other issues .....canuck fans are loud, and one of the best in the NHL, and limiting it to 10k instead of 20k wont be to noticeable ....but still sucks

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Even if it was only as deadly as the average flu, the degree of infectivity of this virus is something else and would swamp ICUs if left unchecked. 
It is double escape variant and vaccinations with boosters look to be more like 70% effective than the original 95% for OG-COVID.  Though the data is still fairly preliminary. 
Seems a reasonable precaution. 

Maybe that's true.  I just feel like the economy is ravaged too much as it is right now, and any more restrictions is basically like a big &^@# you to all the hard working business owners (small and large) and the economic ramifications of more restrictions are going to mightily outweigh the cost of letting Covid run its course with the current restrictions.  Again though, preliminary research has shown that Omicron could very well be nature's own vaccine/booster shot with very few side effects which should make the rising case count even less of a factor in determining what restrictions are in place.  The deathrate is at the lowest of the entire pandemic.  We'll see a couple weeks from now if that keeps up, and if it does, we should not be restricting the public more than what is in place right now.  Because at that point, it's not protecting lives, it's about making the case number optics look better even though that should not be a determining factor when making restrictions.

• Vintage 2

• -SN- locked this topic