The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Would have been totally shocked if we didn't do this.

Really, the NHL needs to pause for 2 weeks, have the players isolate and then restart around the 29th with daily testing and tighter team controls through to at least end of January.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Whelp. Saw this coming. There’s too much money on the line for tomorrow night. Sure is nice of omicron tomorrow to be on its best behaviour until Monday though!

I wonder if Dave Chappelle will cancel/postpone over this 

Edited by drdeath

52 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

At least we can say we're not Montreal.  But I feel like new restrictions are kinda stupid now.  Everyone is vaxxed who goes to games, and by statistics here in Canada, Covid is now only about 2-3 times as deadly as the common flu (and that's including the people still unvaccinated who make up the majority of those deaths).

We need to demand any poster stating medical facts must post supporting legitimate links. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

As long as it's clear that YouTube is not a legitimate source, hell yeah.

Or Facebook or ones uncle Vinny or their friend who swears they saw an email they shouldn't have that has stunning new evidence 

I don't care if so one says "in their opinion covid is ( fill in the blank )"  What I do not like to see is anyone posting implying something is fact in relation to medical issues.

In this generation of  intelligent deficient social media posters once something is stated as fact more than twice someone one in a basement room on an old eMachines PC then uses that to declare that it's established facts lol

My rant is against any poster per say ..... this variant has not been deemed as being only as deadly as a common flu at this point. If it has I would be interested in seeing that report as it would also then factor in long haul risks which for the players is my biggest concern. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iwtl said:

Or Facebook or ones uncle Vinny or their friend who swears they saw an email they shouldn't have that has stunning new evidence 

I don't care if so one says "in their opinion covid is ( fill in the blank )"  What I do not like to see is anyone posting implying something is fact in relation to medical issues.

In this generation of  intelligent deficient social media posters once something is stated as fact more than twice someone one in a basement room on an old eMachines PC then uses that to declare that it's established facts lol

My rant isnt against any poster per say ..... this variant has not been deemed as being only as deadly as a common flu at this point. If it has I would be interested in seeing that report as it would also then factor in long haul risks which for the players is my biggest concern. 

24 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Whelp. Saw this coming. There’s too much money on the line for tomorrow night. Sure is nice of omicron tomorrow to be on its best behaviour until Monday though!

I wonder if Dave Chappelle will cancel/postpone over this 

haha I was thinking the same thing. The virus takes the weekend off.

Edited by Chris12345

4 minutes ago, iwtl said:

My rant is against any poster per say ..... this variant has not been deemed as being only as deadly as a common flu at this point. If it has I would be interested in seeing that report as it would also then factor in long haul risks which for the players is my biggest concern. 

As I said preliminary research.  That's all we have.  Also, I'm going off number of deaths over number of cases that are currently publicly released that everyone is always looking at.  This results in currently a 0.5% death rate in Canada.  The common flu as reported by the CDC for 2019-2020 has a 0.1-0.3% death rate.  Therefore, Covid is about 2-3 times as deadly as the common flu.  And that is mostly the Delta variant.  IN PRELIMINARY RESEARCH, showing that this strain is much less severe, this death rate could drop even further with the Omicron variant.  Obviously, we don't know 100% yet although the research is promising, but I'm going off stats that mostly contain the Delta variant and even though that one is considered much worse, it currently only has a death rate with our current 80% vaccination status of 2-3 times more deadly than the common flu.

46 minutes ago, iwtl said:

We need to demand any poster stating medical facts must post supporting legitimate links. 

Yes! It’s very important that we hold people to the same standard as the court of law!!! I need proof and evidence!!! And don’t give me any of that sh** from other countries around the world. I know they’re all faking their findings if it’s not the same as Canada or the USA finds!!!