The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Fredrik Claesson

21 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I’d claim anyone from Tampa Bay’s system. They draft well, and they have good roster players. I’d make a claim. 

If he doesn’t work out, just waive him again lol

They didn't draft him, he's 29 years old and has bounced through 5 teams, not establishing himself with any of them.

That said, at the moment, it couldn't really hurt to have another healthy D, and you're right, if he doesn't work out, or when he get's healthy again, we can always just waive him and worst case, he winds up as depth in Abbotsford.

• Cheers 1

That flattering scouting report :ph34r: frankly sounds like what we could use if Brisebois/ Poolman/ Schenn/ Hamonic/ Hunt are out for any extended period of time.

Is not dynamic but moves the puck well and does not make a lot of mistakes. He has never been much of an offensive threat, even in the minors or in Sweden. Is responsible in his own zone, but not especially physical. Can be plugged in when someone goes down and will not make a lot of mistakes.

Long Range Potential: Depth defenseman.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

That flattering scouting report :ph34r: frankly sounds like what we could use if Brisebois/ Poolman/ Schenn/ Hamonic/ Hunt are out for any extended period of time.

Is not dynamic but moves the puck well and does not make a lot of mistakes. He has never been much of an offensive threat, even in the minors or in Sweden. Is responsible in his own zone, but not especially physical. Can be plugged in when someone goes down and will not make a lot of mistakes.

Long Range Potential: Depth defenseman.

I mean with all the defensemen that we have due to COVID protocols, wouldn’t be a bad idea to put in a claim. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, rekker said:

Brisebois left the game early last night. Any word on what's up?

No idea what the update is on him. I’m assuming he’s probably not available to go tomorrow against the Leafs. 

Heard that Poolman might not be able to go either, and obviously Schenn is on COVID Protocol. 

• Thanks 1

This guy looked very promising in his rookie year for Ottawa in 2016-17. Even played solid minutes for their playoff run. However, I think he played a lot with peak Erik Karlsson, which made him look a lot better than he really was. He’s been a black hole possession-wise ever since.

That said, we’re running on fumes organizationally for defensive depth, he makes league minimum, and has at least some NHL experience. Probably not the worst idea to claim him.

A lot of movement for this guy since leaving Ottawa. Hard to gauge where he's at but could be a dependable depth pick-up if his play reflects his Ottawa days still. Feel like Rutherford is probably also looking to teams that have already waived a LD and he can move for a contract, late pick or future considerations. Wouldn't be against this pick up but there may be better options.

image.png.dabe61ae17556e591c39ed085285bee5.png

• Cheers 1